Author Topic: current cRPG  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: current cRPG
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:06 pm »
Unbalanced matches: Half the players enjoy the game >> People start to leave the losing team resulting in even more unbalance OR people go spec and then join the winning team, resulting in even more unbalance.

Balanced matches: ALL players enjoy the game.

(IMO) balance should always be the holy grail for devs of skillbased games.

People want multi. To get multi you need to join one of the most active clans.

The argument "so we can play with friends" doesnt hold water. People use banner balance cus they want multi not cus they "enjoy playing with friends". Not that i blame ppl they simply do what they can within the limits of the mod in order to progress. I just think its wrong and spoils the entire idea of a clan. IMO joining a clan should be based on personal preferences and taste, not just cus you want XP.

Imagine if we all joined the same clan.... GG devs

That was my 5 cents i think

People who join clans for that reason don't tend to stay in one clan long. They're usually recognized as hoppers. I don't know if this still happens, but in the past, when someone joins from another clan, the leaders from the new clan usually ask the old clan leaders why that person left.

It's like this...if a guy (or girl) hits on you and later spends the night at your place, that's usually cool. However, if he later asks for fifty dollars, or you find out that he's been with all the other guys in your neighborhood, your opinion changes drastically.

Multi-whores are multi-whores, and you will know them by their actions.

Clanmates don't always bro-code, by the way- I know plenty of clans that specifically go after clan mates. Hearing them exclaim their surprise or frustration over VoIP is priceless.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 12:15:42 am »
+1
To those feeling they are on a team of retards getting stomped by the enemy's superior cohesion. Try doing some full caps commanding like FOLLOW BATTALION 1. Then go where you think is best with the flag. I have turned around obvious 4-0 maps a dozen times. People actually want to stick together, it is just incredibly difficult without any coordination. Perhaps people know me as a player or something, but I am always surprised at the response to my basic commands.

Nothing more satisfying then getting ganked by a bannerstack for a few maps, only to see the banner stack lose numbers after your commanding made them lose some rounds. Now that is rewarding. Seriously, just try it.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 12:24:45 am »
Unbalanced matches: Half the players enjoy the game >> People start to leave the losing team resulting in even more unbalance OR people go spec and then join the winning team, resulting in even more unbalance.

Balanced matches: ALL players enjoy the game.

(IMO) balance should always be the holy grail for devs of skillbased games.

People want multi. To get multi you need to join one of the most active clans.

The argument "so we can play with friends" doesnt hold water. People use banner balance cus they want multi not cus they "enjoy playing with friends". Not that i blame ppl they simply do what they can within the limits of the mod in order to progress. I just think its wrong and spoils the entire idea of a clan. IMO joining a clan should be based on personal preferences and taste, not just cus you want XP.

Imagine if we all joined the same clan.... GG devs

That was my 5 cents i think
honest discussion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 01:05:42 am »
+2
I am a casual gamer without clan (randomer) and my experience of banner balance and current c-rpg is - quite good.

Battaillion system and (team-) chat works out most of the times.

Althoug I am no pro, I manage to get statisfying gaming experience with interaction, some strategy, team play and lots of fighting action.

I dont have the feeling the game is unbalanced. All classes seem to have theire strengths and weakness.

And if clans are stacked together with banner balance, its no guaratee for theire victory. I often have seen clan stackers owend by randomers, who manage to play together just with the things game offers (interface, chat, banners). Only thing clans have in addition to randomers is theire teamspeak i guess. And most of us know how distracting ts can be...

So what is this discussion about? I wonder.

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 01:18:02 am »
I am a casual gamer without clan (randomer) and my experience of banner balance and current c-rpg is - quite good.

Battaillion system and (team-) chat works out most of the times.

Althoug I am no pro, I manage to get statisfying gaming experience with interaction, some strategy, team play and lots of fighting action.

I dont have the feeling the game is unbalanced. All classes seem to have theire strengths and weakness.

And if clans are stacked together with banner balance, its no guaratee for theire victory. I often have seen clan stackers owend by randomers, who manage to play together just with the things game offers (interface, chat, banners). Only thing clans have in addition to randomers is theire teamspeak i guess. And most of us know how distracting ts can be...

So what is this discussion about? I wonder.

..this. well wrote.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:09 am »
Are you NA or EU?

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 08:00:07 am »
Are you NA or EU?

I play the EU servers. Are things different in NA?

Generally my post just meant. SToP QQ. Game is fine. Still there always can be improvement.

Get away with that bump key on "v". I want to yell without bumping my teammates.  :P

Now back to topic. of. err. current c-rpg is...