Author Topic: Disable banner balance once player numbers fall below a given threshold  (Read 285 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
I was playing battle last night, having some good fun with a handful of solid, reliable teammates. However, as time progressed into the wee hours of the morning and the population of the battle server dropped below twenty, 'good fun' turned into 'utter steamroll and permanent x5'.

Once player numbers drop to that level, a handful of solid players can decisively win nearly every single battle. In such cases, I think it would be beneficial to either disable or deprioritize banner balance. It would be much better to have close battles in which both teams have a decent chance of winning.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Balancer needs an overhaul in general, but yes, it also needs thresholds for low pop in which it behaves differently.

This is also  true in siege, where low pop almost always means defense losing because of spawn timers - the suggestion going around has been to reduce defense spawn times once  the population gets under a certain threshold.

I agree that banner balance should have lower priority and/or be disabled under a certain threshold.   Perhaps it could be written across the board that a single clan can only make up X% of a team and then it has to start moving some of them to the other team, probably starting with the members of that clan with the best performance at the moment.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE