Author Topic: Changes in archery(?)  (Read 827 times)

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
Changes in archery(?)
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »
Hello,

I really have a hard to aim and shoot accuratly since the patch (even before the hotfix). Maybe I just lost the toutch but I know there as been some changes and I'm asking you if i'm the only one that noticed this :

The reticule take slightly longer to get to the sweet spot and it stays small for longer.
Arrows are suposed to be faster but I feel like the arc is shorter (go down faster).
I also find it harder to hit the head (I almost always miss by a centimeter, a shot that would have been a hit before).
Sometime my hits dont register.

I know that people run faster now but I dont know what else changed.

Do anyone feel the same changes I writen above? Anyone know what changed?

My build is : 15-25 , 173wpf archery, masterwork strong bow

Thanks!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: Changes in archery(?)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:34 am »
I have to say that I find archery easier... My K/D has increased significantly because of the increased arrow speed. I can't comment on accuracy since I use a longbow but I don't find it much different and all the other bows have increased accuracy anyway. I think maybe give it time to get used to the new arrow speed, it took me a day or so to adjust my play style to aim more at the enemy than above them.

I hear what you're saying but maybe trying to play in first person for a while to see the drop in your arrows might be good, that you can judge how far they drop, how far they fly and where they might actually hit.

I can't offer any other advice than that because I really don't know what to say!

Good luck though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 02:51:43 pm »
First of all, with the Agility changes, people tend to run faster higher the agility.

I'm running with a MW strong bow and only 5 PD atm / 130 wpf after retirement and I don't have any problems regarding hitting through, reticule speed, etc.

I always found Archery easy, but that's just me talking, specially with the Strong Bow, which was meant to be deadly from medium to short distances.

With your stats the only though that comes to my mind is that your connection is having issues, or your pc not handling it well enough. :p

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:00:16 pm »
Yeah I did some tweaks in the graphics and on my computer. I was going down to 35-45fps when engaging at verry shot range.

I can now save myself again in those ''hit the guy in the face or die'' situations.