Author Topic: Feathered Helm on Eastern Warhorse  (Read 778 times)

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Feathered Helm on Eastern Warhorse
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:41 am »
Not the most important suggestion, but as an HX the feathered plume on the head of the Eastern horse obscures my vision when I'm in First Person mode aiming my xbow. Would it be possible to remove it? On the website the feathers aren't even there(no bells, or the posterior armor either).
A smaller problem is that all the extra shiny armor stuff also makes the horse stick out like a sore thumb, especially in dark weather with foliage(shiny feathery horse head is bad camo when I'm lurking in foliage or against trees).

Eastern horse; View from behind feathers, vision obscured
(click to show/hide)

Against people who are bending down(holding attack, reloading xbow) it gets harder to see them.
(click to show/hide)

Desert horse; No feathers
(click to show/hide)

Desert horse; Vision against bending down
(click to show/hide)

(I wasn't able to perfectly match both of my horses positions but you can see the problem hopefully)

P.S. I would  prefer to have the Eastern horse that the image on cRPG item shop shows(without feathers, and the other armor embellishments)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Feathered Helm on Eastern Warhorse
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51:45 am »
Better looks always has a higher price... same crap with ranged/polearm hybrid which is crap cuz the polearm is across the screen, blockin vision.
Valid suggestion though. +1

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:07:03 am »
Ehm... change the model cause HX got problems with it? Nooooes... its a nice model, if you dont like the feathers, seriously play with another horse. Infantry that uses the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
, dont cry either cause they see less when swinging the sword.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18:24 am »
Ehm... change the model cause HX got problems with it? Nooooes... its a nice model, if you dont like the feathers, seriously play with another horse. Infantry that uses the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
, dont cry either cause they see less when swinging the sword.

Infantry that are bothered by having their attacks obscured by that helmet probably don't cry because they can just choose another helmet of equal or near the same stats. There is a smaller variety of horses, none with identical stats. Besides that whats the deal with the model that the website shows not matching the in-game one? Is there a way I can mod my game to use that one instead?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38:10 am »
+1
There should be a way you can edit the model just for your game client. I would check taleworlds forums for that. They got a nice section of modding and probably a thread about it.
I think we had some kind of thread as well on crpg forums where it showed you how you could easily change a weapons/armors/horses model (to another). I sadly got no idea bout it myself.

The bad thing about it is however that the model will always be changed back once you got to patch.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »
Considering these are the only horses that give me problems when ridden by a horse archer or horse xbow, I say leave the feathers in  :P

But honestly, since horses are one of the instances in the game where people use first person view (along with ranged classes), I'd suggest removing the feathers, or at least give people the option if they want them or not.  And yes, I know most people don't use 1st person on horses, but it's a lot more than those who use 1st person in melee.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:57 am »
+4
I think someone was taking pictures for it and forgot to add the armor onto it in open BRF. But anyways I took away the fancy stuff like the feathers and bells. Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?4obmg39ikux392a

Just place it inside your cRPG Resource folder.

(click to show/hide)