Author Topic: what to do with 10k troops? community strat battles?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
Re: what to do with 10k troops? community strat battles?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 12:14:24 am »
+2
We can do a Helm's Deep theme if a clan would let us borrow the castle that bests replicates Helm's Deep for the one battle

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:18 am »
Come to NA, we follow our gentleman's agreements  :wink:, just look at gmnotutuo's Super Kawaii Desu Desu Japanese Schoolgirl Ninja Death Squad attack - one fo them we even agreed on both sides to not cap flags and both side kept to the agreement.
So tell me what happens when one side push to the enemy flags? Will they say "Oh. We pushed to the flags. I think we must give them a chance to recover. Lets retreat like a gentlemen so they can spawn again."? Would you personally miss the opportunity of stabbing the poor guy just spawned in front of you?

Just think of the way how an avarage crpg player behaves and then realize half of them are behaving even worse than that.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 10:43:57 am »
So tell me what happens when one side push to the enemy flags? Will they say "Oh. We pushed to the flags. I think we must give them a chance to recover. Lets retreat like a gentlemen so they can spawn again."? Would you personally miss the opportunity of stabbing the poor guy just spawned in front of you?

Just think of the way how an avarage crpg player behaves and then realize half of them are behaving even worse than that.

there have often been battles with mutually agreed boarder lines.  in strat 2 or three when uif had all of the map,  they did lots of friendly battles with siege shields a few meters in front of the flags that were boarders not to be crossed.

and yes:  i detest spawnraping and would personally refrain from doing so,  especially if a gentleman's agreement is at hand.  and I know many would.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 03:37:15 pm »
+1
I love the idea of themed battles and the other ideas floating around on this thread..
I also like that you are prepared to use your own troops and gear for the community to have some fun and earn some EXP.

In the spirit of doing something for the community, Heskey and I would like to offer the use of our fief for a battle (or several).

I am the owner of Burglen, I don't know if you are familiar with the map but it has a village on top of a small hill with 3 points of entrance (center, left and right) and the attackers spawn on a hill with a small valley between.

Image looking at the front of the village http://c-rpg.net/img/locations/Burglen.jpg where you can see the three point of entrance

Image from the sky http://c-rpg.net/img/locations/Burglen_sat.jpg attackers spawn on the top left.

Due to the valley and the 3 points of entrance which bottle neck the enemy it makes shield walls very effective which would work with the 300 idea.

Terms and conditions would be on the lines of - we will put Burglen to just population with no gold or equipment.. you can then ever take over burglen for the purposes of the battle or just send Burglen the men (gold for troop upkeep) and gear and attack it yourself (or who ever you want to). Once the battle (or battles if you want several) are done, you return Burglen (if we are not currently in ownership) back in the state we left it (0 army, 300 pop, no gold or equipment). (and of course things like don't use/change any of the PP etc)

But a more formal contract can be arranged when/if you wish to use Burglen for the purposes of community strat battles  :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »
sounds great mate.  a little Idea is blossoming in my childish mind...  I will post later.  see ya!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »
Trade caravan from the far east.

Make a train of army's with a load of goods on them, arm them all in sushi armor and walk around the map with it :P
Try to make the big blocks leave you alone, and let the smaller clans try to win your goods :P