Author Topic: PIE CHARTS!!!!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: PIE CHARTS!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 11:31:56 pm »
+1
FCC has made the most attacks  8-)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 11:39:04 pm »
+3
LOOK AT LL THAT SILVER FOR ME TO SPEND!
Turtles

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »
+1
build mighty armies and destroy your foe... (and have ~100 people earn some sexy EXP)!!!  :twisted:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
these pie charts are absolutely awesome, thanks dev

and also, holy fucking shit western block is outnumbered

we've been winning battles against eastern at about 1.2kd but jesus that's just no where near enough lol, it's almost a 2 : 1 ratio
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 03:18:39 am »
As haboe said the pie charts don't tell the whole story..

but they do give a good indication. The fact it shows the northern/eastern clans having the biggest garrisons, the most money and the most market control.. whilst these numbers may not be the complete numbers I wouldn't be surprised if the ratio was ~99.8% accurate

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »
I would say that its almost certainly inaccurate :D.

1) Greys are on an offensive right now whilst the West is turtled up meaning Greys are more likely to have uncounted troops and gold
2) The UIF has recently made a transition to Plate armour meaning they potentially have more gold tied up in equipment than the West

As for market share what do you expect?  I don't think there's a single village under UIF control that hasn't at some point been taken by the Anti-UIF whereas most Western Fiefs have been firmly held the entire round.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »
I would say that its almost certainly inaccurate :D.

1) Greys are on an offensive right now whilst the West is turtled up meaning Greys are more likely to have uncounted troops and gold
2) The UIF has recently made a transition to Plate armour meaning they potentially have more gold tied up in equipment than the West

As for market share what do you expect?  I don't think there's a single village under UIF control that hasn't at some point been taken by the Anti-UIF whereas most Western Fiefs have been firmly held the entire round.

When did you ever see Apostates etc walking around with <500 troops? They have always had >1000 troops on each merc... So the fact that greys have >1000 troops on each player also just keeps the ratio the same..

As far as gold tied up in equipment... Both sides are using plate so once again this keeps the ratio correct..

And finally your market point just confirms that the ratio is correct

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:45 pm »
When did you ever see Apostates etc walking around with <500 troops? They have always had >1000 troops on each merc... So the fact that greys have >1000 troops on each player also just keeps the ratio the same..

Why on earth would you keep troops on every player?  Its a waste of money and if the player is slightly inactive it is troops that are tied up and unavailable for use.  However I agree that the average merc (or Anti-UIF) player probably has the same number of troops as the average UIF player.  My assumption comes from the fact that Greys had 40k troops in Suno fairly recently but currently that is only at 20k and their other garrisons have not gone up by that amount in the mean time.

As far as gold tied up in equipment... Both sides are using plate so once again this keeps the ratio correct..

I think I know what equipment we are using and we have still been using Black Coat of Plates with Gauntlets whilst the UIF armies attacking Hawaha and Jamiche started to use Gothic Plate and Plate Mittens.  They didn't use it exclusively but we didn't use it at all and since The Coalition represents a lot of the anti-UIFs gold I can tell you that there would definitely be a lot less of it in our fiefs if we had been buying Gothic Plate.

And finally your market point just confirms that the ratio is correct

Druzhina fiefs currently owned by the Anti-UIF were only recently taken over meaning their market share is allocated to the Anti-UIF.  Does this suddenly mean that all trading done in the past from these fiefs by the UIF never happened?  Market share is only an indication of what is happening now and on its own tells you absolutely nothing about what might have happened in the past.

Basically i'm saying that it is impossible to determine an accurate ratio of power from the data available on its own.  I can however surmise that the ratio on show is weighted in favour of the Anti-UIF at this time, due to the 3 things I have mentioned.  To say how much it is in our favour would be pure guess work.