Author Topic: So I tested the long pike for awhile...  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: So I tested the long pike for awhile...
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »
Yup pike is usable on horse as a bug, but pretty useless since youll miss in close combat.

I'm wondering what to heirloom too, maybe loom my plated charger after this heavy lance bullshit.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:23 am »
Tried it a few rounds, I really feel it will take me A LOT of time to adapt to the long pike. So I won't probably do it. Furthermore, the overhead swing is really useful (it's impossible to teamhit someone in front of you with it)

Wait, what? Did i miss something? I was playing my 1h cav guy a lot two nights ago with great success. What are you talking about?

Well, I guess it's me raging after a few horrible rounds surrounded by gay lancers everywhere.

But seriously, the proportion of lancers and 1h cav is just absurdly imbalanced towards lance. There's a reason. I had the hope the patch would fix this. In fact the patch itself solved the lancer problem, but the hotfix after it made it worse than it was before. Now I'm unable to bring a heavy lance as a side arm versus cavalry with me. cav vs cav with 1h is possible but not proper (loosing shield and horse HP for very risky kills isn't really what I want).

So I think I will do better by going lancer. My 1h doesn't seem as powerful as before (it lost 2c, not really a problem but sometimes I feel the difference), and I really like the piker role. So I'm doing a pure polearm dude with 15/21, a shitload of ath, riding and wm. I can actually spam the pike thrust and often people don't even block the second attack because the attacks looks incredibly slow, but really aren't.

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 03:52:26 pm »
Well, if lance would be able to break (like in 1257 ad mod), then lances would be an additional weapon to 1h or 2h cav build. Not a primary weapon like they are used right now.