Author Topic: Nerf Super Armoured Armies on Strat Map (not in-game)  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Nerf Super Armoured Armies on Strat Map (not in-game)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 07:31:24 am »
well yeah i think some of you guys are missing my point, shiny armies would still be the best for big military moves like attacking castles etc, but having light armoured troops moving faster than shiny armoured troops means that, to use an example, if a faction sent out a caravan of 2000 "shiny" troops, it could be intercepted by 3500 "armed" troops and they may be able to defeat it ...

what i'm suggesting isn't to nerf 'shiny' armies, it's to encourage the use of other armies (light, armed, heavy), which are at the moment, Never Used

If you make it so each army has a different strat map speed, sure, you'll use your shiny armies to attack castles / fiefs / cities like they are used at the moment, but for open field battles it might be advantageous to use heavily armed or even armed armies.

3,5k troops with only 2k shiny armed equipment = 3.5k armed or heavy armed on map -> devs lost time for nothing  :P 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 09:13:07 am »
+1
It's getting pretty silly at this stage of strat that every single army is in full plate, I have already suggested nerfing the economy so people can't afford it as easily; however if this isn't an option, perhaps you could make it so that armies move at different speeds

lightly armed - moves the fastest

armed - in between movement speed

heavily armed - slow movement speed

shiny - slower movement speed

Obviously this would mean that the normal armies used at the moment would be slower ... however it does have the advantage of making lower levels of armour useful where they are completely worthless at the moment ... an army guys well equipped in light armour could outmanouvere a shiny armour which takes twice as long to reach it's destination

Just a thought, would encourage more strategic diversity whilst not actually nerfing the effectiveness of shiny armour in-game

Corsair

The movement system is already pretty good. Currently if you want to move quickly you have to bring a massive pile of horses along. Works pretty great imo.

------

I've said it in a previous rant.

The reason that people coat their troops in super heavy Armour isn't because "it's the best". It's because getting tickets is the hardest thing to do! So you want those tickets to count. It's simple to go out and get the gold to equip 1000 guys in full plate but to get the 1000 tickets... Well you have to play the game for a completely random amount of time since you don't get ticks on x1 and some times they don't reg at all!

If you want a real change to the game then they should simplify getting troops.

The current system is a fucking joke!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:16:32 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 01:32:25 pm »
+3
If you want a real change to the game then they should simplify getting troops.

The current system is a fucking joke!

I know that ideas never get applied but whateva, here is my idea (even though it can be seen as too "realistic" and unbalanced and gives too much power to fiefs and gold):

- Fiefs generates troops (troops or population, population could be switched to troops for a gold fee representing the "training" of a soldier) for the faction owning the fief
=> villages / castles / cities, would have a different troop generation rate (something that would make sense)

This would give an incentive to capture fiefs a lot (more attacks) and to defend them to the last man (no emptying out of villages like we see today)
That would be the major "legit" way to have troops.

Then :

- You can pay "mercenaries" (troops) for gold and gold alone

The price (static, dynamic, player regulated?) and availability (in fiefs? anywhere? an infinite pool or a static pool that regenerates like prosperity?) would be for discussion.
But I feel like we need a way for people to "pay their way" into the strategus chessboard : atm, only factions with a looooooooot of players (big cRPG clans only) can have a chance to compete; but guys with just their own hide to bet on cant do shit even if they are "successful" in the trading business.

We should have more ways to grind troops and the more the better.

(click to show/hide)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 05:14:20 pm »
+2
I'm a fucking strat noob, so ignore me if I'm wrong or insult me.

I'm wondering if there's a limit to how many suits of armor you can buy from any given fief? If not, there should be, because access to an unlimited source of armor would definitely contribute to the problem. Limit how much equipment each fief can sell. Doing this would also have the benefit of making armor more valuable, as it would be harder to obtain and fewer in number.

As someone already said, the economy needs a nerf. Right now its very easy for a faction, especially one with allies, to generate a massive amount of gold in a short time. I think that more, realistic, gold sinks should be explored. These additional expenditures should really apply at the level of the large faction, as this is where all the gold is.

That's all I got.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »
+2
Peasant armies will overwhelm us all if this goes into effect. They'll be in front of you one second and then behind you banging your wife back in your fief 100 km away the next.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 06:14:23 pm »
Peasant armies will overwhelm us all if this goes into effect. They'll be in front of you one second and then behind you banging your wife back in your fief 100 km away the next.

Yes we need it to be like this, peasants RULE.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 06:21:46 pm »
+2
The gold-to-troops ratio is wayyyy out of whack for this strategus. 

In strat 1 both gold and troops were too easy to obtain - made for some fun massive fights of 100K+ but it was also wrong. 

Strat 2 had a good balance of troops to gold with most armies even towards the end having middle class armor like tunic over mails for most of their troops and a rare set of large warhorse because arming a knight was expensive.

But devs got the idea in strat 3 that trading empires would be fun.  The movement rate was so slow on strategus then and crafting so boring that gold production was reasonable but beyond belief dull to the point entire clans quit the game.

So strat 4 trading beame quicker with no crafting and significantly faster movement on the strategus map and could be started right away because people "voted" for fiefs (really stupid and unfun idea, attacking ai fiefs was actually a  lot of fun with peasant gear).  But instead of crafting they replaced it with prosperity that people could start maxing out from day 1 (again voting), which made S&D inevitably huge after only a month or two of playing.

With the current setup traders can move 20-40K goods a week from their various fiefs in their faction and make millions.  We need to change this now and seriously consider a strategus wipe with a more balanced economy (this would also fix the leftovers of an running dupe gear bug for a month whose gear was kept and used or sold).

Solutions:

Prosperity provides decreasing levels of return like price where the first bits of prosperity cost 1 production point (PP) and after the first 100 costs 2 then 4 then 8 etc.  so it maxes out pretty quickly for what is effectively worth it like price.

Trade bonus maxes out pretty quickly (this would also fix some of the imbalances for factions on the border with eu/na making a lot more gold than the other factions) at 300% or 250%, which would make gold production slower.

Shift the price breakdowns on items so that higher end items are closer to double what they are now and lower end items half what they are now with the middle stuff staying the same.  e.g right now choice is between buying 100 black armor or 200 sarranid guard armor or 400 cavalry robes.  Should be 50 black armor or 200 sarranid guard armor or 800 cavalry robes, which makes buying more medium to low end armors the way to go.  Making battles far more dynamic.

Fix the 10,000 + crate bug showing as 0 crates already its been months now

Fixing the gold economy would also shift away from making heavy cavalry players and strength builds being far and away the most effective and easy builds on strategus because of the large amount of plate for melee and the durability of wearing plate on an armored triple loomed horse (which also long overdue for a nerf since they over-buffed it months ago).  this is much like archery was OP ion strategus 1, and it got nerfed for 3 years straight.  Soooo many people haves witched to having enough riding on an armored horse with a strength build, which should be indicative of the huge imbalance the current economy and horse buff has caused.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:26:29 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo