Author Topic: Jagged Alliance: Flashback  (Read 1221 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Jagged Alliance: Flashback
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:44:35 pm »
+3
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback

Kickstarter for a prequel-reboot set in the Cold War. Interview here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/17/squad-chat-jagged-alliance-flashback-interview/

Might be cool. I haven't actually played anything by these guys, but I've been following news about their Space Hulk project, which apparently shows some promise.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/01/space-hulk-preview/

After the disappointment that was Back in Action, we can only hope this one actually does the name justice.
Don't.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
HULKSPACE.

don't care about the rest.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »
Don't.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »
+3
Most of you probably haven't been following the updates the team has been posting during their kickstarter bid:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts

There's some interesting stuff in there, but the latest one is really something -- if the project gets funded, all backers will get the old Jagged Alliance games for free.

Danish development studio Full Control announced today that it has partnered with Humble Bundle to give each backer of the Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter campaign a copy of the limited-edition Jagged Alliance Classic Pack. Upon successful completion of project funding, all backers who have contributed $5 or more will receive a collection of Jagged Alliance titles, including Jagged Alliance, Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business in English. Additionally, the Classic Pack features Windows 7 support – a first for the franchise.

http://ymlp.com/zt6n1e

That's a pretty good offer.
Don't.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 11:54:31 pm »
I only played Jagged Alliance: BIA. It's RTS and not turn based and it was awesome.
Anyone else that played one of the turn based versions, were they better than BIA?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:55 am »
+1
BIA was a piece of shit compared to Jagged Alliance 2, the game it was supposed to be a remake of. That said, if you really liked BIA, then maybe JA2 would be too heavy for you. Worth a shot anyway, I guess.
Don't.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 09:13:57 am »
Jagged Alliance 2 was a fucking masterpiece. So much depth to that game, so many hours of fun. The community patch 1.13 was also fucking AMAZING.

BIA made me legitimately angry.

Oh, and this Space Hulk business looks pretty damn interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:27:07 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 02:24:48 pm »
BIA was a piece of shit compared to Jagged Alliance 2, the game it was supposed to be a remake of. That said, if you really liked BIA, then maybe JA2 would be too heavy for you. Worth a shot anyway, I guess.

I doubt it would be too heavy for me. Only reason I liked BIA was probably because I never played any other JA games, and it had some resemblence to SWAT 2. SWAT 2 was an awesome game and BIA was the closest I could find to it that shares similar gameplay.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »
Definitely give it a go, then. This kickstarter is probably your best deal for the old jagged alliance games -- even if you don't want to back the new project for 25 bucks, you probably won't be able to find the classics anywhere for less than five, especially without compatibility issues to sort out.
Don't.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 08:11:32 pm »
+1

It's been going pretty slowly, I think they haven't had a lot of success with getting media visibility, but they're trying to drum up support now by posting an interactive diorama of a combat scene mock-up for people to view.

PC  Mac  Linux

To navigate the scene simply press space to jump to different camera points. You can choose between 3 different zoom levels by pressing 1, 2 and 3. To exit the scene simply press ESC :)

Kinda cartoony, but not bad IMO. Six days to go, they're short by 120k (~34%).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:15:19 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:52 am »
A couple of days ago I was pretty skeptical about this thing getting funded, but they've had a massive speed burst since then and it's gotten pretty close. Just a heads up that if you want to see this happen (or want to buy all the classic Jagged Alliance games and expansions for 5 bucks), there's 22 hours left on the clock, so now's the time to make a move.

If you want to get caught up on the campaign, there's a recap post here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts/488293?ref=activity
Don't.