Author Topic: Ban request for Asur_Babylon7k  (Read 988 times)

Offline Mortemia

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Blades don't need reloading
    • View Profile
Ban request for Asur_Babylon7k
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »
Hey!

We're playing on cRPG#1 and this guy Asur_Babylon7k kept spamming with the "report leecher" system in the middle of fight. It's really hard to read the chat during action and a-holes exploiting that system (while dead themself) to get multipliers is just wrong.

Offline Babylon7k

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ban request for Asur_Babylon7k
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:16:18 pm »
Well, to reply on that. (and in a decent tone)

First day after new patch, alot of people was random spamming the report leecher function. I know chadz got a record of the reports, so for me to spam in the middle of a fight would be "suicide", and Im not that stupid.

The map today where I was confronted by some other guy than the author of this post, who claimed I had spammed his friend out with the report leecher function. I told him, that the only guy i got kicked that map, was someone standing afk at spawn a good part into the round. I was dead and I admit I went hunting for the people that just dont get leeching is NOT okay. I then spectated the guy for a few seconds, figured he was standing in spawn, not even turned a inch from spawning direction, and i reported him. Ill admit that the menu's was screwing up when i reported him, and to be sure (he still hadnt moved or declared active) I reported him again. Then a horseman finds him (he is still not moving), and he dies, only to be kicked a few seconds later.

That was the only time I used the report leecher function in that map. So if I by some reason "have been" spamming the report leecher function in combat, Ill be happy to see the proof from the records, and then make a post about the situation under "bugs". Because I am simply NOT that stupid.

And to comment on the leecher function. When it is used, you get 10 seconds to press "m" to state you are still active. If someone, like me, hunt for the people that are leeching afk in corners of the map, and wrongfully mistake someone camping (being present) for someone leeching (being afk), all they have to do is press "m" and I will loose a multiplicator. As simple as that.

So fact is, you accuse me of something I told your mate I did not do. There are records where you can ask for proof to support your accusations, but fact is, you have no proof. If you where the guy I reported that map, I can only say again; press "m", and I will be the fool. But fact is, I reported an afk guy, that failed to report back that he was active, and he got kicked. As the leecher function was intended.

Babylon7k

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »
This might be completely irrelevant, but just to make sure the accuser knows this.

When someone reports you as a leecher, you will see MANY lines of text where you are told to press "m" to prove you're not afk. This is to make sure you notice that you've been reported incase you aren't afk.
So 1 report = many lines of purple text on your screen. The reporter is not spamming reports on you.

Offline Mortemia

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Blades don't need reloading
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »
Ok, guess this is pointless then. You reported both me and my guildie while you were dead, and we were both fighting enemies near gallows. We both were kicked out because were having too much fun and didn't pay attention to the chat. And no way we were afk there.

And after I asked admin how to request a ban for you, your idiot guildie started beating me on spawn. So, grow up guys and stop the annoying griefing. Guess I just need to start using fraps again so that we get rid of asshats like you, no offense.

Oh well, it's the interwebz. Sorry for my rant.

Offline Ekusas

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Asur
  • Game nicks: Ekusas
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:21:48 pm »
Im prolly the biggest fan of the new leeching system in this entire game. I must admit its a total metagame for me atm. If you look afk cus youre stading around. Fine, ill follow you 5-6 secs and bam youre QML'ed. Same with those rushing into battle the first minute of the game. Oh man, Free goldz! Sure fine, they nurfed my GGS, but this leeching metagame .. <3!
oh. also. Im pretty sure ill start running fraps aswell then, cus i think i remember you running around teamhitting ppl in spawn just because you thought it was funny. Good riddance i was slow on my printscreen.  Would have been lovely to get rid of asshats like you leeching and teamhitting - No offence ofc. (see what i did thar?)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:18:02 pm »
Im prolly the biggest fan of the new leeching system in this entire game. I must admit its a total metagame for me atm. If you look afk cus youre stading around. Fine, ill follow you 5-6 secs and bam youre QML'ed. Same with those rushing into battle the first minute of the game. Oh man, Free goldz! Sure fine, they nurfed my GGS, but this leeching metagame .. <3!
oh. also. Im pretty sure ill start running fraps aswell then, cus i think i remember you running around teamhitting ppl in spawn just because you thought it was funny. Good riddance i was slow on my printscreen.  Would have been lovely to get rid of asshats like you leeching and teamhitting - No offence ofc. (see what i did thar?)
This is SO true! Apart from the "Im prolly the biggest fan of the new leeching system" you're totally right (I am the biggest fan :P). I fucking love the whole reporting thing. TAKE THAT LEECHERS! Finally a reward for all of us leechhunters! Also "bam youre QML'ed!" Fucking love that! Gonna be my new motto! :lol:

OT: I don't think you can report leechers when you are dead. Not sure though, but if you can't then how did he report you in the middle of battle when he was dead?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:54:53 pm »
Sometimes the report leecher function hits the wrong guy, despite you exactly aiming at someone else. Happens, shouldnt happen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haragh

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Napauttaja_von_Perkele
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 11:18:36 am »
Finally here. Well I was this "other guy" conserning this post. As Mortemia stated we were in the middle of the battle and suddenly both of us were kicked of the game. From the game log we discovered that it was Babylon7k who had reported us of being "leeching". Maybe everybody else can read chat during fight but personally I can't.
There are 2 possibilities:
-Leeching system was bugged and 2 fighting players were kicked in 1-2 second difference.
-Babylon7k is lying bastard.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:47 am »
Finally here. Well I was this "other guy" conserning this post. As Mortemia stated we were in the middle of the battle and suddenly both of us were kicked of the game. From the game log we discovered that it was Babylon7k who had reported us of being "leeching". Maybe everybody else can read chat during fight but personally I can't.
There are 2 possibilities:
-Leeching system was bugged and 2 fighting players were kicked in 1-2 second difference.
-Babylon7k is lying bastard.

Really? How about the third option you are clearly omitting. You were afk and are now butthurt because you couldnt leech like pre-patch? Not saying its what happened, but its a possibility :)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »
This might be completely irrelevant, but just to make sure the accuser knows this.

When someone reports you as a leecher, you will see MANY lines of text where you are told to press "m" to prove you're not afk. This is to make sure you notice that you've been reported incase you aren't afk.
So 1 report = many lines of purple text on your screen. The reporter is not spamming reports on you.

Someone did this to me while I was fighting someone Al_Adin was the name, I didn't see it and I got kicked -_-

Allmost impossible to notice that someone leech reports you when you're in a fight.