Author Topic: Eastern warhorse question  (Read 554 times)

Offline Tayzzer

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Zaylo_Unicorns, Zeyro_AoW, Talony_Vanguard_Of_AoW
Eastern warhorse question
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:44 am »
+2
       Since None of my clan mates own a Eastern warhorse and I am unwilling to pay 45k for the purposes of theory crafting I come to you fine folks with some questions. Hopefully someone can answer as I have only seen the beast three times.

They seemed to be lower to the ground than most other horses, what would you say they are comparable to? Are they as short as an arabian? If have you tested using different lengths of weapons like one or two handers what seems to be an effective cut off point for length? I know technically one can hit the enemies head with just about any length as I used to use knives on on Arabian warhorse with ease and on a my destrier with significantly less ease. Essentially I already have the looms to make a awesome Arabian Caliph in addition to retexturing them to look more of what a noble may have used and would love to have the option of using a 69 length reach weapon while retaining some room for error when attacking from Horseback aka being able to reach the torso and not having to scalp every enemy.

So any observations regarding the horses height even from the eyes of infantry would be greatly appreciated or any other pertinent information on the Eastern Warhorse.  :D

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
Re: Eastern warhorse question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:04:56 pm »
+1
you can hit people while their on the ground slightly more easy, eastern war horse is quite shorter then say the padded horse.
Making it a smaller target, you can compare it with the desert horse/arab war horse. but its not the same.
Stat wise and handling its  more a anti inf horse then a anti cav horse.
Leg are not to exposed as say the charger, its good actually.

there, a few points that come to mind.

Offline Tayzzer

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Zaylo_Unicorns, Zeyro_AoW, Talony_Vanguard_Of_AoW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:29 pm »
AH wonderful thank you just the sort of imformation i was interested in I prefer dueling infantry anyways, now i just gotta see if I can get away with a light lance

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 09:14:08 am »
Hmm, that's interesting. After playing cav for nearly 3-4 generations, I never once thought about size/height/exposure of the horse. I always assumed their dimensions were identical to each other. Guess I still have a lot to learn.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong