Author Topic: Jousting Lance vs Great Lance  (Read 646 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Jousting Lance vs Great Lance
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:48:59 am »
Are there any major differences between the two? I know that the jousting lance can be used with 9 strength instead of 12 allowing for a more dedicated lancer build. But is there any cool down difference? Can one be couched faster then the other?

I also know that 25 more damage makes the great lance more powerful...or is it!  :o

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

also does 15/21 sound like a good lancer cav hybrid? I wanted to be slightly effective on the ground still. 5 ps 7 wm 7 ath 7 riding and 3 if, using medium armor, longsword, and destrier.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: Jousting Lance vs Great Lance
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29:31 pm »
+1
both should 1 hit a lot of the time

on hillier maps you will notice the extra 25 damage
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Jousting Lance vs Great Lance
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »
I don't always 1 hit kill with the great lance on my champion courser, so the damage certainly will make a difference (on hilly terrain or if your target is running in the same direction as you).  Also power strike and WPF increase the damage of couched lances. 

I personally wouldn't suggest using a great lance without a shield (because you can't block anything and you can't always steer 100% away from enemy cavalry, especially if they have numbers). 

15/21 is a good build for 1h/shield/polearm/cavalry.  If you were going to go just polearm/2h then I would suggest going 18/21.

Here would be my suggested builds (using the arabian warhorse):
Level 30:

Strength: 15
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 50

Converted: 2

Power Strike: 5
    Shield: 4
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 7
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 131
    Polearm: 105

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 53

Converted: 8

Power Strike: 5
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 7
    Weapon Master: 4

Two Handed: 124
    Polearm: 80

For the 2nd build, I'd probably give up even more polearm WPF to get more 2h WPF.  Polearm WPF does increase the damage some of the couched lance, but not enough to be useful compared to having higher swing speed with your 2h.  Hell even on the first build I'd probably drop the polearm WPF down into the 80s to get more 1h WPF.  But again, that's only if you are never going to be using any other polearm besides the great lance.  If you plan on using thrusting (or 4D) polearms, then I'd try to have about even WPF for either 1h or 2h.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy