Author Topic: Ban Request: That guy I ban polled in the Strat Battle and it Passed  (Read 743 times)

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Canary and Dach were there and I'm brain dead from that atrocious battle.

Please just check the logs during mates vs aow battle (aow attacking khmer)

He started breaking siege shields saying that we were playing wrong.

I then poll banned him. Dach of course being the brave man he is disabled polls but not before he was banned.

Poll passed but 10 hours is not enough. It was bad enough having lau on our team we had to deal with those Z bannerd morons.

Just do you're job otherwise I'll tell chadz and he'll put you on suspension without pay

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
Also, Don't ever, ever, EVER, hire Lau. Ever. Don't fucking do it. Don't. I'm warning you. Seriously, Don't fucking do it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline HeraldOfTheGOBBLINKING

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: REALM OF THE GOBBLING KING
  • Game nicks: Rubes, Oxycontin4All, Wilson_of_Gamehendge
Also, Don't ever, ever, EVER, hire Lau. Ever. Don't fucking do it. Don't. I'm warning you. Seriously, Don't fucking do it.
We should start a NA Strat Battle Blacklist. Yeah, Lau has an extra chromosome. He won't be fighting for Semenstorm, I'll make sure of it.

As for the ban, I agree something should be done about it. He was being an ass and purposely trying to sabotage the battle by destroying his own teams equipment. His reason for doing so was something along the lines off "Don't camp like pussies". I think the admins will require some kind of proof (i.e. screenshots, signed confession, DNA, screenshots, semen, screenshots.) So hopefully someone took some.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:42:12 am by RooseBolton »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
"Don't camp like pussies".

Sounds like sound advice to be real men and not pussies - 40 plate armored guys against 20 naked peasants and still afraid to leave ladder camp and just finish the battle.  I know those naked peasants had been doing a 1:1 for the whole battle against your plate, but i dont think they would have done a 2:1.  I could kind of understand lau's point, it was over 5 minutes after the time ran out and much pussying was found.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline PickUPNRun

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • One does not simply create his own motto.
    • View Profile
Lau here.
Can't tell if you're talking about me or not this is all confusing me, I don't know why you'd bring me up if it weren't about me. But if it is this is what I have to say.
Didn't break siege equipment, didn't call them pussies. My exact words were "Stop complaining about me charging in and get some common sense and come in with me because we're not getting anywhere with what we're doing" You can blacklist from ever hiring me again, it's the least of my concern when there are plenty of other clans out there willing to do so. 2nd Place on the scoreboard, that is all.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:22:47 pm by PickUPNRun »

Offline HeraldOfTheGOBBLINKING

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: REALM OF THE GOBBLING KING
  • Game nicks: Rubes, Oxycontin4All, Wilson_of_Gamehendge
Sounds like sound advice to be real men and not pussies - 40 plate armored guys against 20 naked peasants and still afraid to leave ladder camp and just finish the battle.  I know those naked peasants had been doing a 1:1 for the whole battle against your plate, but i dont think they would have done a 2:1.  I could kind of understand lau's point, it was over 5 minutes after the time ran out and much pussying was found.
Kesh, this wasn't at the end of the battle when you were naked. This was right at the beginning, when you were destroying us with your range. You also had armor at the time. I didn't like camping like that either at the end of the map, but I try to do what I'm told, as it isn't my battle, and I don't want to waste someone tickets by ignoring orders and doing what I please. Lau, scoreboard really doesn't mean shit on a strat battle. Especially last nights strat battle, because Mates strategy was to wait for them to push or time to run out. In a battle where one team only has 500 tickets, 45+ deaths for a single player is ridiculous. Especially when he's only dying because he refuses to listen. It isn't like Republic of Mates needed you, or probably even wanted you. They were doing you a bigger favor letting you play and get exp. Then you shit all over them and refuse to listen. Then come up with a downy response like "Well look at my points". I really don't care who you merc for, as long as I know its not us.

Kesh, saying you understand Lau's points a bit hypocritical. I've merced for you quite a few times, and I know that if he was on your side doing it, you would freak out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:00:29 pm by RooseBolton »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Looking through the logs, this is what I see:

- Lau not following directions, getting killed a lot, but still contributing to the fight (ie he wasn't intentionally dying, he was still getting kills)
- I did not see any evidence of attacking siege shields in the logs, but other admins were there who could possibly confirm
- It looks like there were concerns with the attackers delaying at the end of the battle by not actively fighting, which muddies the water.

To me, it looks like what Lau did was opposed to what his teammates were telling him, but there is nothing directly against the rules with what he was doing since he was being reckless but not full-on feeding tickets/intentionally griefing.  Would I myself hire Lau?  Probably not, considering what I read in logs. However I think this is more of a "I'm not hiring him again" situation versus a "he should be banned for griefing" situation.

I'm going to lock this for now without banning Lau further, but will check in with other admins who were there if they saw things I cannot from the logs.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:45:00 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Update: I erroneously thought that Lau was the one who the additional ban was being requested for, but it turns out it was for Odin_of_handsword.  Looking at his ban history it's pretty light (although there was a recent ban) so I'm inclined to let the issue sit since the ban poll was successful and he wasn't able to interfere further with the battle.

Odin_of_handsword, destroying your own teams equipment is griefing, and will get you into more (and longer) ban trouble in the future if you continue.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345