Author Topic: "New" Strategus ways to play  (Read 486 times)

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
"New" Strategus ways to play
« on: April 27, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »
i enjoy playing strategus, like so many other slasher. I played this kind of strategus a couple of days ago, on a NA, where it was not allowed to tip the flags, some did, but they got banned or kicked or something like that.
Now i was wondering, it would put to the "realism" that we played like a "real" battle was, back in the days. No flag tipping, just killing everone, till the last man.

+advantage
more XP
more fun
better tactics
longer battles

-dissadvantge
longer gaming? maybe - server problems

cant come up with more disadvantages, but it would probably end with a lot of naked men fighting around, but that can be solved with a clan makes more equipment...

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: "New" Strategus ways to play
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »
+2
i enjoy playing strategus, like so many other slasher. I played this kind of strategus a couple of days ago, on a NA, where it was not allowed to tip the flags, some did, but they got banned or kicked or something like that.
Now i was wondering, it would put to the "realism" that we played like a "real" battle was, back in the days. No flag tipping, just killing everone, till the last man.

+advantage
more XP
more fun
better tactics
longer battles

-dissadvantge
longer gaming? maybe - server problems

cant come up with more disadvantages, but it would probably end with a lot of naked men fighting around, but that can be solved with a clan makes more equipment...

If you remove the flag capturing, you do not get better tactics. It takes a good tactic together with a good roster to capture the enemy's flags, removing that feature would make it a simple slaughterfest.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:54:38 pm »
 believe u can get a better tactic going on, becuz if u remove the flags, u get the function in a battle going on, and not just focusing on a flag all the time, you dont start chasing after a flag on a battle field (well romans had ther standards) :)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »
+2
You will focus on spawnkilling instead i'd assume.

Other problem:
If you remove timer, battles take too long due to carefull playing -> boring/ less xp per minute.
If you keep the timer, defending side will just avoid battle all they can since they don't have to worry about losing to flag-loss.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login