Author Topic: Some people I've worked with have a Kickstarter game up.  (Read 654 times)

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
Some people I've worked with have a Kickstarter game up.
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:53 am »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game

Pint and click adventure set in a mystica future Newcastle (UK).
Git yo money out and back it!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Some people I've worked with have a Kickstarter game up.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:03 pm »
Ive never liked point and click games and also those "fahrenheit" types of "games" (I cant remember what those were callled thou). Its just clicking random stuff to get to the next scene. Its like a game but with the gameplay part cut out completely. Why not just watch a movie than?

But I quess its just me. Kudos for the multible possible actions thingy thou.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:04 pm »
Yeah i get what you're saying totally. I'm not the biggest fan of point and click either, just looking forward to seeing something set in the city I live in, with such amazing artists on board.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:13 pm »
+4
Isn't Newcastle all trashed like that anyway?  :wink:

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »
Oof. How dare you say that

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:44 am »
Ive never liked point and click games and also those "fahrenheit" types of "games" (I cant remember what those were callled thou). Its just clicking random stuff to get to the next scene. Its like a game but with the gameplay part cut out completely. Why not just watch a movie than?

But I quess its just me. Kudos for the multible possible actions thingy thou.

I really liked Fahrenheit (until it went all supernatural quicktime event). I mean yeah, the gameplay was often kind of shitty, but it's fun to play it as kind of linear RPG. Clicking random stuff, whut? It always made perfect sense to me (minor spoiler incoming).
So you wake up soaked in blood, big headache. Pills on the dresser? Exactly what I need. Ok, off to the kitchen. Wait, did I kill someone yesterday? Oh my god there's my whyskey bottle, I really need a drink right now. *You pass out from pills and alcohol and awake in a prison cell*
Well, admittedly it was also outrageously unfair.

The thing with movies is why watch them in the first place? In the end you watch them for emotions they create. But while they can cover a lot they cannot generate the feeling that the viewer has to make a decision, which is fairly important in real life. And even if most of the things are fairly mundane and have no bearing on the further advancement of the story that's still fun to define a character over it and see what happens.
Or taking Penumbra for example, I think it's really far better to hide in a corner and make backup escape plans than to watch a person hiding in a corner.

I'm not all to sure about Point&Click though, since that often comes down to basically having lots of puzzles (and sometimes the devs think so much differently than the player that trial and error is the only way to solve them).