Poll

Would you like this suggestion implemented in the game?

Yes! And i explained why.
No! And i explained why.

Author Topic: [Suggestion]Crossbow Rebalance  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Nukkel

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Nukkel
Re: [Suggestion]Crossbow Rebalance
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 09:13:33 am »
This game is good because it inst realistic :P

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 10:38:53 am »
I never try to do something realistic in the first place, it was Dotter who claimed it realistic which isn't. But anyway some certain part of realism should be in.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 07:47:22 am »
I never try to do something realistic in the first place, it was Dotter who claimed it realistic which isn't. But anyway some certain part of realism should be in.

Guys you are missing the point here. It is not about pure realism... I already explained it with my example of shield, bows, and thrown weapons i think... This suggestion would damage hybrids for sure but it would potentially buff dedicated xbows, and maybe add some hidden realism to the table.

If i wanted realism i would ask for bleeding, fractures, weapon dropping, raping and pillaging, going shopping for gear from "shady" characters, mutilations, bigtitted wenches in inns, dagger stabs while blocking... (and who knows what else... maybe syphilis)
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:41:09 am »
No.

Reason: This is an overly complicated "solution" to something that just isn't that much of a problem. TBH I prefer Muki's solution to the whole "cross bow is usless now" complaint. I will however say that I was using an MW crossbow the other day on EU siege and was scoring just as many kills as with my arb, the accuracy difference was negligable and I would say that the fact that I could move 5 points from str to agi if I was a dedicated cross bow user would make that thing a head shot machine.

All in all I don't really think this is needed. Cross bows are pretty well fine at the moment imo.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(