Author Topic: Are catapults fixed yet in strategus battles?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Are catapults fixed yet in strategus battles?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »
+1
It can be done... just ugly. Have to be super cheap about it now
Leader of BS

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 05:42:10 pm »
+1
What do you do? I guess laddering into cities is viable, but forget castles. Build large towers by walls? You can't turn them if they're facing wrong way, plus building them beside wall might fuckup objects.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 06:06:52 pm »
+3
Pretty much... ladders and prayers. Ugly and costly. Devs have our money... they no longer need to work on this game. That box has been checked off the list. Step 1.. get players to trust us.. step 2 head to bank
Leader of BS

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:30 pm »
+7
This bug is the prime example of the devs being assholes. It all stems from devs giving up on trying to create something very difficult meta-game wise. And don't get me wrong, I am excited about the new game and I have a great amount of respect for what they have done with crpg and strat, but....

I have a problem with what they are doing here. I understand that chadz didn't like the strat meta-game, didn't like mega alliances, and no doubt the cheating, but purposly giving up on strat like this is bull shit. Some of us have spent hours and hours planning, fighting, preparing for strat all so at some point a key feature bugs out and we don't even hear so much as a peep from the devs.

And it's cool, I never did strat for the pixel glory, but as something fun for my clan to play together with this community, and it sucks we didnt switch games way back when, but we had fun and still will play strat; but moving forward, talking about M:BG it bothers me. If you cant care enough about the playerbase here, why would it be different there?

Yea, you will be dealing with "paying" customers in the new game, but the same principal applies: It is way more worth it for a dev team to work on a new, potentially money earning game, then it is to fix poor, free strategus.

It is WAY more beneficial for a dev team to work on a new game, a new expansion, then fix the one they released already, that their potential playerbase has already paid for.

Is this going to be the memo every other game company, "sure we will fix this problem in our next game, which will be coming out soon!!!"

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 01:21:55 am »
+2
"I'll stop being an alcoholic, stop beating my wife, pay my taxes and lose 20 pounds tomorrow."-- the devs

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 05:20:41 am »
At least they can pay their taxes now with your "investments"
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 05:35:48 am »
+2
Wow, you guys sure seem pretty cynical with all this take the money and run stuff. Hobb at least brings up decent points.

I for one would rather they ignored the shit out of this game to work on a new one (though in an ideal world there would be time for both). They don't owe us anything here, but they DO owe us on the new project. None of us paid for cRPG. Some of us may have paid Taleworlds for Warband just to GET cRPG, the totally free module that you personally never have to pay for, but that's absolutely 100% not the same thing. You have to remember that this was like, what they did in their free time. It's like yelling at your favorite local band for not doing free shows around their hometown while they're on tour somewhere else. It'll get fixed when it's fixed, let's do scrims, they're more fun than micromanaging.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:48 am »
+4
Wow, you guys sure seem pretty cynical with all this take the money and run stuff. Hobb at least brings up decent points.

I for one would rather they ignored the shit out of this game to work on a new one (though in an ideal world there would be time for both). They don't owe us anything here, but they DO owe us on the new project. None of us paid for cRPG. Some of us may have paid Taleworlds for Warband just to GET cRPG, the totally free module that you personally never have to pay for, but that's absolutely 100% not the same thing. You have to remember that this was like, what they did in their free time. It's like yelling at your favorite local band for not doing free shows around their hometown while they're on tour somewhere else. It'll get fixed when it's fixed, let's do scrims, they're more fun than micromanaging.

This is how every castle siege shall work for now on:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."