Author Topic: Nerf 2H on horseback  (Read 653 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf 2H on horseback
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Nerf 2H on horseback
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:29:01 am »
It does less damage and has less speed then one handed weapons (because all twohanded weapons suffer from penalty on horseback). The reach is only 1 cm longer for longsword then it is for 1h swords, except the mil. scythe which can't stab and has an even higher penalty on horseback.

To add insult to injury, if you use it with a shield - which is quite useful on a horseman, you end up having to have split proficiencies or lose a lot of damage, since it uses 1h wpf when used from horseback.

In short, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bump damage is lower, unless you are a peasant, or use peasant-type gear it does not do serious damage.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:33:00 am »
+3
While I enjoyed my time as 2h cav, I doubt anyone can deny it's frightfully inferior compared to 1H cav.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:40:00 am »
+1
2h cav op!!!!

While I enjoyed my time as 2h cav, I doubt anyone can deny it's frightfully inferior compared to 1H cav.

I can and i will.  1h cav is for sissy lady girls, real men play 2h cav or no cav.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:49:20 am by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:51 am »
+1
2h cav op!!!!

I can and i will.  1h cav is for sissy lady girls, real men play 2h cav or no cav.

My king, you need to calm down. While I did say 1h cav is superior to 2h cav performance wise, there's no doubt that 2h cav is more manly and graceful.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:59:11 am »
+3
Holy shit it is OP as shit.  It 1 shots almost anybody and it can certainly 1 shot anybody given certain circumstances.  It has crazy reach and does insane damage w/ the ghost swing.  There is a reason you are seeing more and more and more of it.  It is time for it to be nerfed into the ground.

Also bumping damage was reduced but speed damage was increased and the result was more damage for getting bumped on horseback.  It is nutty how much some of these bumps are actually doing now.  Thank you for getting to the bottom of my text wall!  Peace be with all of you!

Let me tell you the exact reason people are using 1h cav and 2h cav, because LANCES FUCKING SUCK!!!! No reason I should have to run by a guy in plate and hit him 5 times with a lance and hit

peasent geared archers sometimes 3 fucking times. Please lets not talk about nerfing something when you start mentioning crazy reach and a ghost swing, that just sounds stupid. OH SHIT NERF GHOST

SWING PLZ my eyesight is fucked up and it is crpgs fault. Give other things buffs like "lances" and you will see less 1hs and 2hs. I have already told the balancers about this. Face the fact that  you cannot nerf

either without fucking up ground melee. You just have to buff things instead, rightfully.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:39 am »
Bumps by anything Destriers or below now do jack shit for damage.  Also reduced charge means not only does the charge do less damage, but the horse slows down so much that the swing does even less now.  The only good swingable weapons with decent reach from horseback are cut damage, making it take 3+ passes on plate users.  As it stands right now, the bump slash combo generally does less than just a clean drive by swing.  With any short non-cut damage weapon, you are putting yourself at a huge risk against 2h and pole arms to get that bump first since your line of travel is direct, you are asking to eat a stab that will one hit kill your horse and maybe rider if you go after anyone aware.

Also the bump nerf also gets horses stuck more and the become valor pinatas.  If you were going to complain, it should have been before the latest patch.  Lancing is still awful, hoplites are still overpowered as is 2h.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:09 am »
Lancing is terrible ever since the angle nerfs, tbh. Except great lance which is probably the best lance now, since the lances on couching are equally terrible as normal stabbing angles, but at least it does serious damage and is long enough an average 2h can't stab your horse in the face before the lance hits.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".