Author Topic: Balancing, maps, teamplay and player numbers  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Balancing, maps, teamplay and player numbers
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »
+1
One item on teamplay:

If you want to encourage teamplay, the game mechanics can not make it more likely that you will be wounded by a teammate than the enemy. Even odds of 25% team/75% enemy damage is too great. I believe we need a combination of less chance to team hit and in-game less penalty when you do.
Take it away completely? No. It is an important mechanic in itself. But it should be encouraging smart teamplay rather than discouraging it altogether.

(Side effect is griefers will find it harder to grief as it will take more hits to kill a teammate and thus easier to reach the 5/5 auto-kick for douchebaggery)
Remove earlier active attacks against friendlies, it was a bad change, fixes all the getting stuck on teammates behind you as well. It's not our fault the animations only allow fully horizontal and vertical swinging.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 05:57:05 pm »
+2
Imo i think we should buff ranged and make at least half of the maps random plains.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 12:36:28 am »
+3
Imo i think we should buff ranged and make at least half of the maps random plains.

Although a single archer is UP, we can't buff ranged. Not now, unless the gameplay for infantry in battles changes. But the way it is now, having to kill all enemies but lacking the flexibility to do so, a ranged buff would kill the game for infantry. Especially if the random plains percentage gets raised.

It's a difficult matter...  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 12:40:23 am »
Well tbh the only worry is that destriers and especially armoured horses (which still abound :despite: upkeep), would be a little, well, too nasty, but that would be better solved differently then by directly buffing ranged (which would be bad for infantry).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 01:16:40 am »
Hey, c-rpg got all to take advantage of teamplay:

- We have battailllions and flag system (press "p" for battaillion and F1 for Flag)
- We have many different classes to supplement each other (shielders, tin cans, 2h Heros, Archers, Hybrids, Throwers, Poles, HA, HX, Cav, Archers, ...)
- We have siege equipent. And THANK YOU whoever implemented it those Wooden Stakes!!!
- We have a chat (team and open chat)

What we dont have many of are brave souls who take charge of commanding.

There are some old threads somwhere in here, that are great tactical advices.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/tactics-in-crpg-a-guide/

for example.

Stop whining. Do what you have to do. And have fun.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 09:46:55 am »
+1
If we look at the 2010 c-rpg you were almost never going on alone, out of a group. You rarely saw lone guys running solo. Even most cavs stayed close to their team. And the biggest reason for everyone to keep together was the xp and gold system. I'm not saying the current system is bad, I think its quite the improvement (to a certain point). But what we really need is a new xp and (maybe) gold system that perhaps encourage you to stay in a group of more players. But going and flanking and facing the enemy is also a fun thing to do by yourself. But we still got some clans who do teamwork and tactics on the battlefield. And the battalion system is a sort of O.K way to make sure that you can find a group to stay in, if anyone makes one.

Tl;Dr old xp and gold system was more team encouraging, but didn't benefit "ninjas". And now we need some way of rewarding teamplay but not lower the rewards for people who enjoy going alone to flank etc.

Offline Neggaz

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 04:57:32 am »
i did not read all your shit guys, but adding objective giving rewards could mayb add some more teamplay idk what objective we could do but i think thats a good idea.