• cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
HX
« on: April 19, 2013, 03:16:53 pm »
+3
We all have our opinions on these guys and I have to say I have actually grown not to mind them as much.
BUT one thing has been bugging me, and that's why can they reload on horseback?

1. As the Crossbowman reload animation shows, the crossbow is needed to be held with the feet to reload (You can't do that on a horse unless you have some circus training)

2. Which brings me on to the next point. IF HX's are allowed such a thing why can't light crossbow users reload at a walk since holding the crossbow with your feet when reloading is obviously not an issue? This might also bring back more light crossbow users since they are not doomed to bend down and quite literally take a pike up the arse.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:52:18 pm by Kalam »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: HX
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:15 pm »
+1
BUFF RANGED!!!!1!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:12 pm »
That's a fair point iced, It would be easier to reload while walking than to reload while riding
(click to show/hide)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »
+2
i gotta disagree a bit. first of all, reloading crossbows on horseback wasnt uncommon. second of all, i think reloading a crossbow while walking is quite hard because you cant put him somewhere so the xbow is fixed while pulling the string (while being on a horse, you can put it in your lap)

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 05:19:48 pm »
The ONLY crossbow I would even consider allowing this for is the hunting crossbow.  The light crossbow is fine how it is, maybe make it go back to one slots.  Although, if they did that then HX's will conquer the lands of other players who have more skill then a bowl of cereal (AKA HX)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
The question which also bothers me is why Horse Archery skill affects xbows.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »
The question which also bothers me is why Horse Archery skill affects xbows.

It affects all ranged.  Including throwing as well.  It's just more efficient then making 3 different skills that do the same thing for different weapons.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 05:41:52 pm »
We all have our opinions on these guys and I have to say I have actually grown not to mind them as much.
BUT one thing has been bugging me, and that's why can they reload on horseback?

1. As the Crossbowman reload animation shows, the crossbow is needed to be held with the feet to reload (You can't do that on a horse unless you have some circus training)

2. Which brings me on to the next point. IF HX's are allowed such a thing why can't light crossbow users reload at a walk since holding the crossbow with your feet when reloading is obviously not an issue? This might also bring back more light crossbow users since they are not doomed to bend down and quite literally take a pike up the arse.

This is due to the fact of the warband makers decided to NOT implement multiple reload animations. Because if we look at it, you can't actually span an arbalest using your hands like they do in game. So by same logic, that would mean the damage on an arb should be cut in half....

It's just a lazy developer not putting in the windlass animation for the heavier xbows and going with the hand spanning for all xbows.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »
They used to also have hand cranks for the strings that were easier to pull back and they actually reloaded a lot faster than they do now from horseback. Right now when you are on foot you can reload twice as

fast, which I could care less either way. So what would you like to see done here? maybe make a suggestion instead of crying... and also try to make a little bit of sense of what you are going to suggest, with no

biased responses..
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 12:10:09 am »
+1
They used to also have hand cranks for the strings that were easier to pull back and they actually reloaded a lot faster than they do now from horseback. Right now when you are on foot you can reload twice as

fast, which I could care less either way. So what would you like to see done here? maybe make a suggestion instead of crying... and also try to make a little bit of sense of what you are going to suggest, with no

biased responses..

I am not crying about it at all, like I said I don't mind HX's, in fact Love_Hate is someone who I greatly enjoy playing with. I was just wondering why they can reload on horseback yet crossbowers on foot have to stand still, like I said at the beginning. I am not a crossbow user nor do I have any future plans to be, this was not a suggestions post saying something should be 'buffed' or 'nerfed' it was just something I was curious about.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 12:16:17 am »
i gotta disagree a bit. first of all, reloading crossbows on horseback wasnt uncommon. second of all, i think reloading a crossbow while walking is quite hard because you cant put him somewhere so the xbow is fixed while pulling the string (while being on a horse, you can put it in your lap)

Thank you No Rules I didn't think about that

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 11:54:16 am »

You can and did reload with your foot on horseback.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 03:07:04 pm »
+1
I dont have any real historical knowlage about HXs and how they reloaded but to be able to relosd like the animation shows would mean that the power stored would be much less then a bow... aka less dmg done. Why? Well a bow on horse and on foot are drawn mostly with your upper back and shoulders but you need to be stable in your lower back aswell. Your lower back is much stronger if you have a good footing on the ground but the stability loss you get from standing in stirups is not that much.

A crossbow (on foot without tools) on the other hand is reloaded with a deadlift so you will be using the strongest musscles in your body, your thighs and lower back. On horse that is impossible because when leaning forward on a horse you loose alot of your balance and thus a way to effectivly make use of te deadlift motion, atleast if its moving.

If you look at he animation (on horse) only the biceps and backside shoulder are used. With that motion you get about 1/10th power compared to a deadlift which would translate into 1/10th dmg or you cant draw the crossbow. However im sure there are a number of ways to compensate. Hooking it to the saddle an pull it like you row a boat or having multiple bows that you pull one at the time but release together and so on...

Long post to say mounted animation is bad and reloading a crossbow using only your upper back and arms on foot would result in very little power stored and thus do little dmg.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:30 am »
NERF THEM TO THE GROUND!