Author Topic: Infantry and Cav Protection  (Read 1601 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Infantry and Cav Protection
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:11:00 am »
Well, you can't kill an aware lancer with a 1h.
But then a lancer can't kill you if you just hold downblock.
So the other option, really, get more armor, with just mail shirt noone is going to run over you until you are dead.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:51 pm »
...but...but....Kinngrimm is a Wolver.....that's what they do for a living....they roam the countryside in search for easy pray which they can backstab/finish off/gank.........it's the only way they can get some kills and now it's being taken away from 'em ?   :shock:
the difference between you an me Gnjus? You wait behind a corner for easy pray , I am in the open looking for it, hunting them. Your tactics is based on a weapon who can kill everything because it just can, Chrushthrough Hammer Boy. My tactic was using several weapons to kill different types of enemies.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 12:30:49 pm »
Teamwork is a nice thing to have,
but there is not always a dedicated pikeman around and didn't say i want a pike which i can hide, but sheat something which can be on my back, it does not has to have a lot of damage but a range between 170 and 200 would be nice and taking one SLOT. Make it a long staff with no damage but the possibility to stop horses.

Cavalry, Ranged weapon classes, 2h, polearms can handle cav pretty good, dedicated 1h/shielder not really.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 12:59:58 pm »
the difference between you an me Gnjus? You wait behind a corner for easy pray , I am in the open looking for it, hunting them. Your tactics is based on a weapon who can kill everything because it just can, Chrushthrough Hammer Boy. My tactic was using several weapons to kill different types of enemies.

:lol:

I'm having a great laugh here, Kinngrimm and i thank you for it.   :lol:

I am not gonna go into heavy arguments with someone who never saw me playing before the big patch, and obviously even after it lol, since i swaped so many builds already, i'll just say this: i played 1h/shield/xbow, 1h/shield only, 2h/xbow, 2h only, 1h/cav/polearm, 1h/shield/thrower.....i used xbows (sniper, heavy, normal), 1handers (swords, picks, axes), 2handers (all except swords, out of principle against lolstabing), throwing axes (and what i grabbed on the field and it stayed for the next round), pikes, spears, lances, basically i played everything except an archer and a lolstaber. I hate talking about K:D but it was always pretty much the same, positive. Can you say anywhere near the same for yourself, no matter the time spent playing (and youve certainly amassed quite enough of it by now) ?  :wink:

Also: i dont recall any other clan doing as much heroic charges as the my old friends did in the last couple of months....sometimes we camp, sometimes we go berserk, depending on our numbers, the map, the amount of ranged/cavalry, and all that.....problem is: people mostly "notice" camping (cause it has a higher percentage of happy ends) and they never acknowledge the charges, and we've done so many of em that I'm getting quite tired of all that running around....not all of us have 27 agility and 9 athletics like yourself.  :wink:

Have a nice day, mister Kinngrimm.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
If you want to carry 2 slot weapons in addition to your 1H, use a smaller shield. A huscarl shield (and the other huge ones) is a role defining equipment. Once you strap it on you are a "shielder", just like a guy with a heavy crossbow is an "xbowman", a dude with a bow is an "archer", and a dude with a long polearm is a "pikeman". All these guys carry a big piece of equipment that defines their role and therefore a limited in the choice of their secondary equipment. A run of the mill fighter with a utility shield will use a smaller shield and there are plenty good ones to choose from.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »
(click to show/hide)
i didn't start arguing about playstyle and i noticed and respectedd yours since i first noticed you on the fields, i was often pressing my thumbs for you(german expression for mental support) for you even you were not in my team Gnjus, because i was mindbuggled by yours skills. And still with the new patch as you mentioned K:D i am still often in teh K:D ladder, thats nothing which says anything about team support though. Myself enjoys being against more players and i like having not too much of my own at the time. Those situations speak more of skill as i would like to think of it. AS i was equiped with bamboo spear i was often standing besides archers not of my clan and protecting them as well rushing back to spawn defending some peasents which jsut don't know what to do. I also like to think of me of a team player. That you having a laugh is your right, but remember it is not only me with that problem and i don't only make theses questions for my own sake.

I'll try the next days the shortened spear as Okin suggested, thanks Okin for that advice and several other combination which hopefully result in finding something suitable to my playstayle.

Yes I am an agi whore and i started with that in times where it was already nerfed as far as i was told or read in the forums. I like to have a nice few from mountains, i like to have a different perspective and i can't block very well :) without a shield, it is what it is, nethertheless i train regularly on my manual blocking skills without shield. I don't say that it takes more skill but it suits my playstyle.

I started 9 months ago as 1h/shield/thrower hybrid. Then i made a second character which is most of the time a pure thrower without any other weapon, with that too with javalins/jarrids/axes/lances i managed to get pretty good in the boards, but then you can argue it was OP anyhow. 21/18 with mostly no armor i was doing that, no shoes, gloves or head gear just a Ragged Outfit again playstyle before effeciency.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 02:28:47 pm »
military fork is 1 slot and has 135 length

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 02:30:53 pm »
Yes I am an agi whore
You are also a low ping whore.  :wink:

I use my trident now which is "sheathable" (and looks shitable), 2 slots. It is certainly short (159) but I could get some cav out with it. I would need some more practice to beat the best cav players though.

Trident makes also look like a peasant (or a small devil) and that is really cool.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »
thanks Nubert and Makina

I perhaps try the military fork as well :)

and Makina i at least dont have the excuse my ping is the problem when i suck  :lol:

EDIT: Quarterstaff 137 length
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:38:17 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku