Author Topic: Check account history?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Check account history?
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »
Hey, I was recently involved with the whole DDS scandal, as DDS_Hyrulian. First off, I'd like to formally apologize for the poll abuse. Half of it was us being really inconsiderate, and the other half was us trying to teach Tossy_Chucker how to play. If we knew how to set up our own private server or something, we would...but all we had for options was a low or zero population server (AKA rageball). Anyway, it was unfair of us to try to claim the server as our own by banning everyone who joined.

That being said, I'm curious about something said in Chrisrusty's post about the unban. You said that those who were previously banned would still serve their full sentence, and my name was on that list. I'm not refuting the claim that my character had faced a previous ban, but I definitely do not remember being banned on DDS_Hyrulian. Besides several caps locked obscenities and some kicks for accidental team wounding, I'm not aware of any previous bans or suspensions on this account.

Is there a way to check your account history for bans, kicks, etc? If not, could you please give me a concise list for my own records? I try to keep a clean record, so it concerns me that I have faced a ban previous to last night's. Not to mention, a lot of us play every night, contribute to our team's success, and have a fun time without causing too much trouble. A 72 hour ban for active members of your community is a bit extreme, I feel. All it takes is a couple hours to think "damn, we shouldn't have done that". It'd be one thing if we were being verbally abusive and teamkilling...but a lot of us try hard to follow the rules, and last night was just a small slip of conscience because we didn't know how else to have a fight between just the 6 of us. We weren't even playing rageball, we were just using the server because no one was in it :-(

Anyway, again – we're sorry, and if you could tell me the reason for my previous ban, or better yet shorten the ban to 24 hours so I can play tonight....either or both would be fantastic.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
Re: Check account history?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:48 am »
That being said, I'm curious about something said in Chrisrusty's post about the unban. You said that those who were previously banned would still serve their full sentence, and my name was on that list. I'm not refuting the claim that my character had faced a previous ban, but I definitely do not remember being banned on DDS_Hyrulian. Besides several caps locked obscenities and some kicks for accidental team wounding, I'm not aware of any previous bans or suspensions on this account.

So how many accounts do you have?

Your other ban below.

Player  DDS_Tossy_Stoner

Ban Date    28.08.2012 10:04:19

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 12:49:45 am »
Oh, bad terminology, sorry...I meant character. This is my only account.

And thanks for the record...no wonder why I don't remember – it's been a loooong time since I've played on ol' Stoner. Haha... I try to forget about those days. Was it for teamwounding?

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:14 am »
Yes Sir!

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:47 am »
Is there a time I have to wait before the sins of my past are behind me, or do I have to wear them around like a scarlet letter for the rest of my days? That ban was 5 months ago, which can't be that long after I started playing this game for the first time, and I didn't understand the respect and responsibility that this community tries valiantly to uphold. I was just a clueless new player who thought it was funny to yell random stuff and kill teammates.

However, that was a long time ago. I'm frustrated that a ban from 5 months ago is still affecting my account today. How long after the incident is a mistake forgiven? The fact that my account is suspended for 3 days instead of 1 for something that I did 5 months ago doesn't seem fair to me. If it's the way it has to be, I will just wait it out and hope that the next time I do something wrong I will not get permabanned. :?

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 01:27:53 am »
Bans stick with your account forever. As for your ban now, its up to Kelugarn. He can shorten it or leave it the same as it is. btw it takes more than 2 bans to get perma banned  :wink:

Well i have work in the morning and have to be going to bed. I hope Kelugarn will look over your unban request. Night!

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 01:31:18 am »
Was it for teamwounding?
More specifically it was due to you team killing at the start of every round.

I agree that your previous offenses should not weigh you down forever, and my judgement was based more on the organized nature of the systematic poll abuse and team wounding that took place. Considering the thought put into your posts and the previous unban thread I've decided to apologize for the severity of my judgements. As a measure of good will and faith that this behavior will not continue all offending parties will have their bans shortened to 24 hours.

I hope that you and your clan mates will develop better judgement and a greater sense of responsibility to reflect your growing presence in the community.

Stop posting right before me shadowren