Poll

Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?

Yes
58 (35.6%)
No
76 (46.6%)
I hate all the shooters. It should be 3 slots.
22 (13.5%)
Not my business
7 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
Before the patch elite cav shield was most expensive shield.
Are you talking about 1 slot shields? I'm sure the most expensive shield is steel shield.

It's pretty misleading not to take loomed items into account, considering more than half of the players have mw stuff by the way. Didn't know the info of +3 mw broad short sword. That weapon looks just powerful to my eyes now.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 09:15:43 pm »
+3
Please allow me to consider them noticeable inferior to two slot shields.

Ranged don't get shields. Your ranged weapon is your shield. Learn to use it as such. Someone shooting at you? Shoot them back. Horse charging you? Shoot it down. Melee too close to shoot? Well that's your fault you didn't shoot them before they got that close, and also, learn to block  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »
+1
I guess 1h and 2h with 2 slot xbow is still viable just got nerfed in ability to use heavier weps.

1h will have to use 0 slot short sword and 2h can't use a longsword or greatswords, gotta use 2h mace, langes messer, fighting axe or fighting pick. Polearms gotta use a quarter staff lol.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 10:23:24 pm »
you are limited to a crappy 1 slot shield, which is not really a "viable" melee build

Just wanted to point out that before the changes, you were still limited to a crappy 1h shield unless you were using one of the crappy 0slot 1h's.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:44 am »
Broad short sword at +3 has 31 pierce, 33 cut, 102 speed, 0 slot, 86 length, and is more than decent 1h sword. Crossbow or even arbalest + bolts + 1 slot shield + broad short sword = "classical crossbow-shieldman". Your argument is invalid.

I tried broad short sword now for several days as xbow cav and im forced to use a hunting crossbow because broad short sword is useless on horseback. Just too short. :?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 01:18:50 am »
+1

Probably to force them to bring a melee weapon (Forcing your main weapon to be two slots means you now can bring a zero slot melee), which is the main motivator for archer tweaks (Force them to fight in melee).

I used Nomad Sabre pre-patch, post-patch I use a short falchion. Shit sucks man! The US Cavalry carried sabres! :(

Broad short sword at +3 has 31 pierce, 33 cut, 102 speed, 0 slot, 86 length, and is more than decent 1h sword. Crossbow or even arbalest + bolts + 1 slot shield + broad short sword = "classical crossbow-shieldman". Your argument is invalid.

I tend to think picks and hammers with them crossbowmen, and there's no 0 slots of those (don't count the pickaxe)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »
Do you think it will be 1 slot again? Otherwise i sell my mw light xbow..

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 02:30:41 pm »
I tried broad short sword now for several days as xbow cav and im forced to use a hunting crossbow because broad short sword is useless on horseback. Just too short. :?

I even got kills with steel pick on horse. Broad short sword is a LOT longer than steel pick. Just practice for a while.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 06:32:30 pm »
+1
I hate crossbows as weapons. I hate crossbowmen. Yet i find it silly to see "light" in a weapon name that uses 2 slots. While i dislike the class and weapon totally i must agree that light xbow (even xbow) should be 1 slot items.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »
+1
it was a weapon used for the 7/30 troll shotgun build. why should people cry about that? it was easy enough to kill me when i had two xbows. now i have a useless lvl 30 thats not even fun anymore. should i just take hunting xbows?
I quote rogue: "hunting xbows are good for one thing: dropping it for the enemy when you run away so he picks it up an tries to kill you with it". You can shoot a naked archer with it in the head and he doesnt die. you shoot him again and the archer is still standing". why does such fun build that gave me hours of pleasure have to be nerfed? is it so bad that people want to shoot a bit with a xbow while standing on  a wall? im more usefull going outside the wall than shooting from it with a 0 wpf light xbow, even if i use my fists

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »
Please allow me to consider them noticeable inferior to two slot shields.

I disagree, I think the knightly heater shield is the best shield in the game (considering it's only 1 slot, 100 speed, has a very high armor rating and only requires 4 difficulty).  Sure the 2 slot shields can take more axe hits, but they weigh more and are 2 slots...

Your argument here is invalid, a crossbow user should only be using a 1 slot shield anyways, even when it was only 1 slot for crossbows and below.

Now those same builds can either choose to use their 1 slot sword and a 0 slot shield (or no shield), or can take a 0 slot sword and a 1 slot shield.  Seems fine to me.  I can no longer use a 2 slot 2h sword on my xbow character, so I just use a mace.  Seems very well balanced to me...

it was a weapon used for the 7/30 troll shotgun build. why should people cry about that? it was easy enough to kill me when i had two xbows. now i have a useless lvl 30 thats not even fun anymore. should i just take hunting xbows?
I quote rogue: "hunting xbows are good for one thing: dropping it for the enemy when you run away so he picks it up an tries to kill you with it". You can shoot a naked archer with it in the head and he doesnt die. you shoot him again and the archer is still standing". why does such fun build that gave me hours of pleasure have to be nerfed? is it so bad that people want to shoot a bit with a xbow while standing on  a wall? im more usefull going outside the wall than shooting from it with a 0 wpf light xbow, even if i use my fists

So what's your build?  So instead of using a 1h with 1 slot and a shield with 1 slot, you need to take a 0 slot 1h?  If you're a 2h/xbow (like me) you can no longer take a sword, you need the mace or one of the "bastard" 1h/2h weapons (like fighting axe or military sickle), polearm users got fucked over decently, but the Q Staff is actually a good 1 slot weapon. 

I don't see the problem, I think this is a very good balance move. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:59:44 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy