Poll

Would that be a good idea to see team banners in Spec mode ?

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Team Banners when specting  (Read 420 times)

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Team Banners when specting
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
It would be great for players (and admins) to see the team banners on top of the players when specting (Don't confuse Team banners and Clan Banners .. Clan banners = default banners , Team banners = color of the team (ie. blue red purple ...)

Why ? We were spectating Chaos vs ATS yesterday and it would have been so great to know who's who while they are fighting. It makes it more interesting to watch scrims like that. I doubt it's very difficult to add that feature.

For admins , it would be awesome too. What sucks when you're spectating, you don't know in which team players are so you can't prevent a TK sometimes because you have to quickly check if both are in the same team or not ... I kicked one guy camping Siege spawn attacking everyone that spawned because I thought he was an ally , but he was a defender who could make it all the way there. Wouldn't have happened with the team banner :P

What you guys think ? I doubt people can be "against" that idea ..

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
Re: Team Banners when specting
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:47:56 pm »
I think we should have the option to turn them on or off while in spec.  Taking video clips in spec, its kind of hard to tell whats going on with no banners on at least one side.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »
I would like this as it would be easier to monitor team wounding, as well as enjoying the battle easier to see how the fights are.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:35 am »
Bump !