Author Topic: bad guy dtv  (Read 649 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
bad guy dtv
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:55:56 pm »
+2
Sorry, but I can't stop the flow of brilliant ideas...

Since dtv is generally pretty exploitable, especially the old (yet way more awesome) maps, and the bots can be lured at will, I think it might be pretty nice to have an alternative version of dtv (there should be 2 servers anyway, given EU7 is always full atm), where bots are led by a couple of players, maybe 3 to 5 or something. Each has their squad and can give SP-like orders like follow, hold position, charge etc.

Bots could be directed straight to V, kept in a tight formation for melee, told to hold position and use ranged weapons or be led around the flanks to avoid getting stuck in one place and ending up in the meat grinder.

I know it's probably a huge amount of work, but I'm sure it'd be worth it.

Being a hobbyist programmer, I could even try and do it myself, if you give me a lead where to begin.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:02:32 pm by War_Ferret »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
Re: bad guy dtv
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »
- accidental post... -

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:49:31 pm »
Why not! In Napoleonic wars there's a server (15th humans vs bots) that does exactly that.

It would be a cool addition, a new game mode.
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 09:25:23 pm »
+1
I know it's probably a huge amount of work, but I'm sure it'd be worth it.
Being a hobbyist programmer, I could even try and do it myself, if you give me a lead where to begin.
I dont know much about mission templates but it should be possible by just copying the DTV template and changing the part that moves all players from the bot team to the player team to let it get 3-5 ppl in there.Shouldnt be "much more".
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
That was Commander game-mode, and it didn't last long. I liked it, but few people played it in the end.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »
+1
Well, in WFaS there was captain-coop and captain-TDM. Every player had a handful of bots to command and the battles were huge. These modes were the only reason I played it at all and the servers were pretty popular.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 10:32:52 pm »
I dont know much about mission templates but it should be possible by just copying the DTV template and changing the part that moves all players from the bot team to the player team to let it get 3-5 ppl in there.Shouldnt be "much more".

And is there any way to get the crpg python files? Or to convert the txt files back to something editable? Been a long time since I modded M&B...