Author Topic: Siege Shields on the top of the skyladders  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
Re: Siege Shields on the top of the skyladders
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 05:48:26 pm »
+2
I think the best thing would be getting rid of ladders in field battles and implementing some kind of new item to stop/slow down cav (i.e. caltrops). This way we would avoid arguments over unrealistic ladders and the grey area that surrounds them.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:21 pm »
+1
UM FYI this thread is super old and the rules regarding this have since been clarified and put into place.

Discussion over this(and unrealistic ladders) has been beaten to death so much, most people know all the talking points already.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »
+2
Instead of trying to enforce rules that are unenforceable. Or having the "solution" of banning the person that is "leading the battle" for a week/month, I just like to look at it as the ladder has invisible props.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh that ladder that goes up 90 degrees from the grass? Well there is a stake in the middle of it that holds it up. Oh look at that ladder that is hanging off that building, looks like they put a weight at the end to balance it out.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 01:03:03 pm »
Instead of trying to enforce rules that are unenforceable. Or having the "solution" of banning the person that is "leading the battle" for a week/month, I just like to look at it as the ladder has invisible props.

Oh that ladder that goes up 90 degrees from the grass? Well there is a stake in the middle of it that holds it up. Oh look at that ladder that is hanging off that building, looks like they put a weight at the end to balance it out.

Reminds me of Circus acts, rather than a mediaval battle but hey, at least sometimes makes sense now:D
(click to show/hide)