Nerf should be removed?

yes
25 (55.6%)
no
17 (37.8%)
other
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Archery upkeep (poll)  (Read 589 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Archery upkeep (poll)
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:39:10 am »
My main is a shielder, but I have an archer alt.

I think we should remove the archery upkeep nerf.
I know nerfing archers is really popular, but they've gotten a hearty serving of that already, especially with the new quiver weight just added.

Making archers pay more for their equipment really doesn't balance them in any way.  I don't think its necessary any more.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: Archery upkeep (poll)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:13 am »
ARROWS WEIGHT SHOULD BE REDUCED, IT WAS FINE BEFORE AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN KITE UNLESS YOU HAD 8+ ATHL WHICH MEANS YOU'D NEED TO BE HIGH LEVEL.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:55 am »
+2
every patch is a new ranged nerf patch....and mostly for archery. Getting a little pissed off now. Especially since last week I put 2 looms into italian falchion for my archer and now FINALLY THEY FUCKING ADD 0 SLOT USABLE ITEMS BUT GUESS WHAT? MY SWORD ISN"T 0 SLOT! TY DEVS.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:40:05 am »
Adalwulf maybe you can try to trade it (possibly will be hard). Or ask the devs to make that weapon 0 slot too. I don't think they did leave your loomed sword 1 slot on purpose.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:32:04 pm »
+1
I agree that having arrows be so heavy is a bit...ridiculous.  However, a lot of people seem to like it and it seems to be the direction the devs want to go in (2 patches in a row add weight).  At least upkeep should be brought to normal levels in an attempt to be sensible about ranged balance.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »
+1
My main is a shielder, but I have an archer alt.

I think we should remove the archery upkeep nerf.
I know nerfing archers is really popular, but they've gotten a hearty serving of that already, especially with the new quiver weight just added.

Making archers pay more for their equipment really doesn't balance them in any way.  I don't think its necessary any more.

I think heavy upkeep on archers makes perfect sense.
Remember, upkeep isn't fair. It's not relative to effectiveness of the class but a simple way to keep down the number of players.
This applies to tincans and cavalry as well. But foremost heavy cavalry. It's not like the plated charger is a good horse. If it was, good cavalry players would use it.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:10 pm »
I agree, my mamluk horse is not 3 times better than a destrier. I just like it that way, so I'm using it. Would be cool if there can be an upkeep reduction though. 4k (ouch) hurts.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:02 pm »
+2
I think heavy upkeep on archers makes perfect sense.
Remember, upkeep isn't fair. It's not relative to effectiveness of the class but a simple way to keep down the number of players.
This applies to tincans and cavalry as well. But foremost heavy cavalry. It's not like the plated charger is a good horse. If it was, good cavalry players would use it.

Hmmm...I don't think archers are that effective though.  They are just annoying.  I guess that part is subjective, but I don't see archery as being as effective on the battlefield as 2h or pole characters.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:17:57 am »
I'm doing fine with the upkeep when using a longbow, 2x bodkins and a Short Arming Sword.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:26:07 am »
I've got Rus bow, 2x bodkins, broad short sword, and monk robe for armor.
26k worth of equipment.  Unless I get a steady 3x (not likely), I am losing money pretty fast. 

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:09:53 am »
Now when archers can use 1h weapons that also got buffed, they will be getting valour more often for the melee part and it will kinda influence their average multi which means it will increase the amount of gold gained.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 01:39:41 pm »
Multi is not much dependant upon personal skill. It has it's influence of course, but it's mostly the strong team winning the round.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:40 am »
Now when archers can use 1h weapons that also got buffed, they will be getting valour more often for the melee part and it will kinda influence their average multi which means it will increase the amount of gold gained.

This is another argument for another day. Archers getting valour for fighting in melee? wtf is that, we specialize in archery not melee.If you have never played ana rcher for more then 3 gens you don't know shit about archery and your argument is invalid. The points we get for some of our across the map headshots are retarded. 2-3 points for a headshot across the map just cuz it wan't in close range is retarded. Score system doesn't involve skill it's fuckin cluster fuck battles and spamming melee weapons. Letting archers use better melee weapons own't do shit for our multies or valour.