Author Topic: A radical synthesis of CRPGs  (Read 284 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
A radical synthesis of CRPGs
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »
As far as I know about CRPG, we've only had 2 ways of gaining gold/exp; proximity and team based multipliers. I propose that we utilize the proximity based method of killing while retaining upkeep and prices except that upkeep should be lowered to a smaller percentage of the armor. This should be implemented after giving the ability of clan members to exchange gold and items, fueling the only point for CRPG.

(click to show/hide)

With the ability to transfer items and gold, we give the player an incentive to join a clan, as the quickest way to obtain new items would be for higher/wealthier clans/players donate them to new recruits. Why trade just heirlooms you know?

Anyways why have all those items if you're just a person in Caldira? You're not a lord or shit, You're a soldier of fortune or land and you shouldn't have designer platemail as your crutch all the time.

Incidentally, if you don't have a method of lasting consumption of gold, you are prone to inflation. So a decay value is necessary to actually make it of value, which are items and upkeep.

Strategus gold should be kept separate, we want to encourage that kind of warfare. Mercenaries and lords fighting each other using strategus money to pay and equip them, that would be a good strategus.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:19:09 pm by Thucydides »