Author Topic: Why was the Scottish sword basically turned into a better Espada?  (Read 569 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
I'm really displeased with this stat change, either the Scottish should get nerfed in something or the Espada should get buffed (which would make the longer espada worthless and require that being buffed as well).
Stats:
(click to show/hide)
The only stat the Espada beats the Scottish in is reach(90-80), everything else is either equal or worse, and for me personally, I prefer shorter weapons for stabbing (I'm quite possibly the only guy with this opinion, but still), which (besides the awesome looks) is why I went with an Espada. The Scottish also gets 3+ in cut (while still getting 3+ in the stab) instead of the espadas 2+ when they're both mw.

Now I know nobody is going to care because I was the only player using an Espada and an extreme agi build (I wanted to go 9/30 originally, could do that with  scottish now  :cry:), but I find this unbalanced, but quite frankly I'm a bit upset that I've put the only two loompoints I've had in ages into that Espada, and the loompoint Apsod gave me into the Espada, only to have a change like this occur which puts something else above my weapon in all ways. (archers, dgs my old friends, etc, please don't post here about how we're all getting nerfed (technically my Espada got buffed with 1+ speed, something else just became better in all ways (besides the 10 reach), none of you had a weapon beat yours in pretty much all stats, it's not like they suddenly added a new arrow with 0 weight and 1 pierce and besides that the stats of bodkins while also giving bodkins one more pierce, your weapons are still the best at what they were the best at, they're however, all around worse)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
Re: Why was the Scottish sword basically turned into a better Espada?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:27:05 pm »
I think a lot of one-handed weapons are badly balanced,we want to talk about Paramerion?
weapon length: 103
weight: 1.3
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 98
weapon length: 103
thrust damage: 23 pierce
swing damage: 32 cut
slots: 1
I can not understand the choice of these statistics Relate price
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:30:54 pm by Rhaegar »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:30:40 pm »
+1
I agree that the current balance isn't ideal, not just talking about these two weapons, they're simply the only ones I've really bothered looking up due to being a selfish prick.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:05 am »
bump

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:44:23 am »
+3
I'm not sure this is the best example; 10 reach is a pretty steep tradeoff for 2 cut and 1 speed (or even 3 cut once at +3). There are a few one-handers that have to be looked at, though.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:51 am »
I'm not sure this is the best example; 10 reach is a pretty steep tradeoff for 2 cut and 1 speed (or even 3 cut once at +3). There are a few one-handers that have to be looked at, though.
The 1h stab is far easier to land with less reach.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:00:52 am »
+2
This is hardly a good example of bad balancing, 1 speed and 2 cut but is shorter by 10, seems fine to me, doesn't come close to some of the major balancing issues.