Author Topic: Banner balance  (Read 390 times)

Offline Englishman

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODP
Banner balance
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:42 am »
How does banner balance work?

I mean even when playing with same banner it's possible (quite often) that you get to different teams.

Does level or class you play affect to this?

Me needs answerzzz !  :D

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Banner balance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:40 am »
+1
IMO:
After the first round of each map banner balance tries to put players with same banner in one team, howewer it seems like "Normal balance > Banner balance". If you joined later you will not be switched to your clan team.
On siege though banner balance seems to work every round.

Offline Englishman

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODP
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:20:58 am »
IMO:
After the first round of each map banner balance tries to put players with same banner in one team, howewer it seems like "Normal balance > Banner balance". If you joined later you will not be switched to your clan team.
On siege though banner balance seems to work every round.

Yes but sometimes even in middle of the map it's possible that someone gets switched to other team even if theres a lot of people with some random banners..  :|

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:50 am »
Yes but sometimes even in middle of the map it's possible that someone gets switched to other team even if theres a lot of people with some random banners..  :|

BB is not an absolute law for the auto-balance, it is more of a preference, as ultimately it does need to more-or-less balance teams, and may swap people due to people joining/leaving during rounds, as it wants roughly equal numbers and equal distribution of levels.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.