Author Topic: Vital questions!  (Read 639 times)

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
Vital questions!
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:34:29 am »
Hey guys, posted these in the stickied tutorial but they seem to have been overlooked there, so I'm re-posting them in their own thread (my own and one of Teeth's questions, since I need that answer too):

I don't really understand renaming a map anyway. I edited blank_100 and changed str_blank_100 Blank 100 to str_blank_100 Lakeside Abbey, but the scene is still called blank_100 in the scene editor. When I host a game I do find Lakeside Abbey but it is just an empty map. From the guide it is not entirely clear to me how to rename a map, it seems logical to me that I would have the rename the sco file and scenes entry as well as the strings entry, but it does not say how in the guide.

Guess I'll just take screenshots inside the edit mode in the scene editor with ugly transparent water.  :cry:

And now for my Q's:

I'm making a battle map - the tutorial only tells us how to "test run" siege maps... what about Battle? When I try to run it as if it were a siege map, it comes up blank.

Also, is there a way to set day/night/weather on the map? Can't seem to find that either.

Thanks guys.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Vital questions!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:13:25 am »
To change the day and night settings go to scene editor and press the TAB button.

I believe all you have to do to test a battle map is to go to host a game and set the ame mode to battle and choose your map.

I'm wondering if your quote is a question also? But i'll answer it with the answer I gave in peasant_women's guide anyways.

Ok teeth, frugfrug, and axephante. Just don't rename your maps and it should be fine. I've tried renaming my map in the strings and it shows my maps name but it comes up as an empty map, so I simple clicked the button to go to the next map and then I hosted tthe game. My map then appeared. If I wasn't clear say my map was blank_100 and I wanted to rename it to Upheaval now blank_100 will be gone from the list and Upheaval will take its place however it seems to load a blank map so I go to blank_101 and it should load my Upheaval map. Even though thats weird it worked for me. You could probably fix it my renaming alot of stuff in different .txt and other things.

I say just don't rename your map keep it blank.

Also you can take pics in scene editor very easily. Just go to your scene, go into editor mode and while in editor mode press H. No more transparent water!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:23:38 am by Jarold »

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »
Loading up the next map worked, but I can't get any bots to spawn, and I need to check if one of the spawns is big enough for 60+ people to spawn in it.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:46:29 pm »
You vould transfer your map to native module and try to get bots to work there.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »
I can't even seem to get "Battle" to appear as on the of the game-mod options when I try to host a game.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:01 pm »
I tried to transfer it to the native module but it didn't work.

I moved scenes, (I also tried just adding Blank_105 to the scene but that didn't work either.)  scripts, strings and the scene object file. (The map didn't even show up in the map selection area.)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:37 am »
+2
Axephante, if you mean you can't see the battle option because the drop down menu goes off the screen just scroll down farther then click game type and then choose battle.

FrugFrug, try doing this, transfer your map file (.sco) to native map files and rename it to scn_multi_scene_1. Then go into the scenes.txt and find...
(click to show/hide)
...Then copy your crpg scene code and overwrite these bolded letters with your crpg map's scene code.
(click to show/hide)

Then you can host your game with bots I believe. Just go to Host Game then choose battle and choose the map Ruins.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:42:17 am »
Axephante, if you mean you can't see the battle option because the drop down menu goes off the screen just scroll down farther then click game type and then choose battle.

FrugFrug, try doing this, transfer your map file (.sco) to native map files and rename it to scn_multi_scene_1. Then go into the scenes.txt and find...
(click to show/hide)
...Then copy your crpg scene code and overwrite these bolded letters with your crpg map's scene code.
(click to show/hide)

Then you can host your game with bots I believe. Just go to Host Game then choose battle and choose the map Ruins.

Makes sense. Thanks.