Author Topic: Strange kind of lag?  (Read 462 times)

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Strange kind of lag?
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:43:05 pm »
I have 40-50 ping which is usual for me, but for some reason the times I tried to play in the last days, it feels like Im fighting with 120.

If someone swings for me, I hear my block half a second before the attack gets near me, and if I fail to block at an insane speed, I get hit despite having my block up long before the swing nears me. Its incredibly frustrating and I really dont want to play in this state. I also get the 'walking through people' issue that is common with high ping and often I dont see my swings, sometimes I cant even see the enemies strikes. I just lose half hp and then I see the swing animation a second later.

The issue is the same on native, and my ping test showed 0% packet loss, 23 ping and a jitter of 8ms. Nothing bad in that.

It started when I tried to play this weekend, I am out of practise and havent been playing much recently, but it cannot explain the scope of the issues I am experiencing atm. I really cant see myself continuing with this game, if this problem persists.

Any suggestions? Anyone have the same?
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Strange kind of lag?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »
In my experience it's just EU_3 being a shit server. It's been really bad for a few days now, when I block I see the enemies weapon getting stopped a bit before my block and that sort of stuff. There is a visible delay on everything. EU_2 had similar issues for me today, but EU_1 seems fine.

I hope something can be done about them shit servers, while you're at it fix NA_3.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »
I also occasionally get the two-people-suddenly-switch-places thing. Very annoying when they are a friendly and an enemy you are fighting. You also seem to need to keep holding your blocks even after the enemy swing animation has finished or you get hit.

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »
I'm experiencing the same problem as you Muffin since a few days and that's quite annoying...