Author Topic: Remove the point system from duels.  (Read 5004 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the point system from duels.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2013, 02:00:25 am »
Kafein, your understanding of game mechanics lags behind by at least a year. Sorry.

My tastes about combat styles lags behind more than a year, I admit. My understanding does not. I know you can most of the time cancel your attacks. Nevertheless, the best way to deal with spammers is to dumb down your own playstyle, which I do not like.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:54 am »
My tastes about combat styles lags behind more than a year, I admit. My understanding does not. I know you can most of the time cancel your attacks. Nevertheless, the best way to deal with spammers is to dumb down your own playstyle, which I do not like.
Paying attention to what your enemy is doing instead of just feintspamming is dumbing down your own playstyle? As long as you're aware while feinting and stop feinting when he starts attacking you're safe unless your feint was at a retarded spot were you can't hit him at which point you gotta block or get out the way or do something else.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2013, 05:19:10 pm »
+2
Paying attention to what your enemy is doing instead of just feintspamming is dumbing down your own playstyle? As long as you're aware while feinting and stop feinting when he starts attacking you're safe unless your feint was at a retarded spot were you can't hit him at which point you gotta block or get out the way or do something else.

I fully agree with your statements, but with light armor (50 body armor is apparently "light" now), no if, 18 str, and a relatively low-damage weapon (War Spear) the general randomspamming that is going on is RIDICULOUS.

People are really good at the game now (since I stopped playing as much, most people's skill level has just rocketed past me), so it's a damn shame they keep slowing it down. This has led to the inevitable consequence of damage/hp being more important since trading hits (i.e random spam) becomes more and more a used tactic to get past people's defenses and to be effective in battle.

And with the rise of heavy armor and str also comes the heavy armor + high str blobs which for me are one of the major annoyances of battle nowadays. Since they know they can take a hit or five no probs these people just run around and gank by spamming since they don't really need to fear a few hits. Combine with dedicated support pikes/hoplites + some cav and you've basically got EU1 atm.

Gamespeed needs upping, melee combat needs to be way more lethal and turnrate bs needs to be reverted (imo ofc).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »
I fully agree with your statements, but with light armor (50 body armor is apparently "light" now), no if, 18 str, and a relatively low-damage weapon (War Spear) the general randomspamming that is going on is RIDICULOUS.

People are really good at the game now (since I stopped playing as much, most people's skill level has just rocketed past me), so it's a damn shame they keep slowing it down. This has led to the inevitable consequence of damage/hp being more important since trading hits (i.e random spam) becomes more and more a used tactic to get past people's defenses and to be effective in battle.

And with the rise of heavy armor and str also comes the heavy armor + high str blobs which for me are one of the major annoyances of battle nowadays. Since they know they can take a hit or five no probs these people just run around and gank by spamming since they don't really need to fear a few hits. Combine with dedicated support pikes/hoplites + some cav and you've basically got EU1 atm.

Gamespeed needs upping, melee combat needs to be way more lethal and turnrate bs needs to be reverted (imo ofc).
ยจ
I agree with all these statements besides turnspeed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2013, 05:46:14 pm »
I don't think literally increasing combat speed would do any good. Some weapons are already on the edge of being plainly spammable with a little bit of squaredancing. I would rather like to see the lethality of melee combat increased, naturally giving the game a faster feel.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2013, 02:15:04 am »
I don't think literally increasing combat speed would do any good. Some weapons are already on the edge of being plainly spammable with a little bit of squaredancing. I would rather like to see the lethality of melee combat increased, naturally giving the game a faster feel.

I believe CMP stated it a long while ago, but CRPG is in effect faster than native. Most native weapons have a LOWER speed than us....

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »
Any thoughs from the dev  team??

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 04:39:52 pm »

Well I've learned from being spammed to death multiple times the best solution to this. When first opening an engagement with an enemy, do not feint. You don't know if he'll play defensively and try to block and wait, he may just spam through. I generally only begin feinting if the fight drags on and I realize he's not a spammer. And if they do try to spam, with this tactic they get a nice slash to the face as I simply block then left swing and no matter how hard they try they won't get a second swing in. Unless of course they're a god-tier hilt-slasher with a insanely fast weapon such as bastard sword or longsword, but even then, as long as you keep on your toes you should be able to effectively go 1:1 in hits exchanged.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.