Author Topic: Strategus battles  (Read 541 times)

Offline Thorning

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Strategus battles
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:08 pm »
The system really needs to be reworked, this accept green thing is being abused to the maximum! last night i waited 10 hours in their teamspeak to join the battle which was on the early morning for me, i was allready accepted but when the roster got full they just kicked me out 20 min before the battle started! even tho they knew i was there... i just thinks that is pure evil, its should be an locking mechanism that if you are active on the server before it starts you can't be kicked out, since some players are devoted to just playing these battles, and today the same thing happen again for me, really sad to be honest! i thought this mod was for evryone.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Strategus battles
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »
+2
You waited 10 hours?

Good lord.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Thorning

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
i did, i didn't even sleep, since i was so anxious to be part of the siege! but the moment the green switched to brown, it was like getting hit from behind, why would people do such thing?

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »
+3
Commanders are free to decline people however they feel necesary, my advice, allthough it seems a little rude, is to deal with it and don't wait this long. :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21:53 pm »
+4
There's nothing to be done about it...it's up to the commanders to decide who they pick.  Typically if you're already accepted for a battle, and you are in their teamspeak when they request you to be (when they go through roll-call) you will stay on a roster.

For some of these huge castle battles there's so many people signed up for both sides, that you probably have just as many people who signed up and were accepted, as people who signed up and got declined (or removed).

Just something you gotta deal with.  If you're not a very high level (33+) and not part of an affiliated faction, or not a known hero, it can be very hard to get in these battles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 08:00:33 pm »
+1
It's like Huseby said: reputation is important when it comes to being accepted and staying on the roster for major battles. If you are low level, if people do not know who you are, and if they do not know whether you will produce results, it's natural that they may replace you with someone who they know for a fact will not waste their gear or tickets. Conversely, if you are of a respectable level and known to the people hiring and participating in the battle as a decent player, they are probably going to keep you in. It doesn't take that long if you participate in a lot of battles and do decently.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 08:05:00 pm »
+1
a few clans dont accept until shortly before the battle,  I find that quite convinient.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38:49 am »
just sign up against that clan instead :D

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 01:51:05 am »
wow huge dick move on that clan's side

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »
+1
Clans have to be acting machiavellist during strategus battles. The same thing happened to me too and I can say I was pissed off. Then I realized clans are doing the actual recruiting in the last 30-20 min; according to roster check, available slots, stats of applicants and such.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
+2
Yeah man, I've only been in a few strat battles, and likely I only got there thanks to some connections / faction hookups. You just have to check half an hour before the fight - the lesson learned is that 9+ hours of sleep will do you better in the long run.

EDIT: forgot the most important part - for every strat battle Ive been in, I've been locked out of two. It's just a part of the system! And I mean, who can blame these guys? They don't want to lose what they worked so hard to gain, and if that means stacking their roster with the hardest mofos in the known world, then that's what they're going to do.