Author Topic: Is 51 WPF for Xbow even worth it?  (Read 649 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Is 51 WPF for Xbow even worth it?
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:25:14 am »
Title say it.  I have a 1-H Shielder build (21/15).  I currently have 142 in 1-H WPF.  Could go up to 148.  Or could put roughly 51 WPF into Crossbow.  Thinking it could be useful when defending on Siege.

All that to ask... is 51 WPF in Xbow even worth it?  Will I see a noticeable difference in my reticle's accuracy?

If not, I'd like to just put the rest of my WPF into 1-H... which will equate to only 5 or 6 points.  Not much, put no use putting it in Xbow if it doesn't help.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Is 51 WPF for Xbow even worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:36:10 am »
+1
It won't make too much of a difference in accuracy for any long range shooting, but anything closer then 5 meters will be easier to shoot. Mainly you will notice it breaking significantly less but that is about it.

In siege most of your shots will be close enough that it might be worth it simply for the saving in cash.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:28:25 am »
+2
It won't make too much of a difference in accuracy for any long range shooting, but anything closer then 5 meters will be easier to shoot. Mainly you will notice it breaking significantly less but that is about it.

In siege most of your shots will be close enough that it might be worth it simply for the saving in cash.

I thought all breaking was based on your highest WPF, regardless of which kind it was? So, his xbow break chance would be based on his 1h wpf... isn't that what it says in the mechanics thread?

Edit: Tracked it down, I was wrong. " For melee weapons highest melee skill is chosen, so for example using a long spear with 1 polearm wpf while having 120 wpf in two handed uses the 120 wpf for breaking. For ranged this kind of mechanic isn't in effect, and bow breaking chance in determined by archery wpf etc." Furthermore it looks like that thread is referencing your research, ToD, so I should never have doubted you  :wink:.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:31 am »
No. I would suggest using one if you can loot it but dont equip it on your screen.

Also.... NO.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 12:28:49 pm »
50 works well so you can hit easy shots on siege server. Does help

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:53 am »
as already said, might save you some upkeep.

for the crossbow accuracy, well it will help at short range, medium range will start to be possible, long range won't change anything...  :)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted: