Author Topic: Heraldic Nordic shields from horseback?  (Read 249 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Heraldic Nordic shields from horseback?
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:24:23 pm »
+5
I think it would be nice to remove the cannot be used from horseback tag from these shields

firstly

Plain Round Shield
(click to show/hide)
It is slightly wider then the other round shields but it is lower level and has less HP than the nordic shield and a lot less body armour than the round cavalry shield. I dont see why it shouldn't be allowed for a 2 skill nordic theme shield.

Secondly and less likley the Round shield

Round Shield
(click to show/hide)

There is currently no lvl 3 round shield usable on horseback. as such it is rare to see many round shields on the battlefield.
Again it is bigger and has 15 more hp that an elite cav shield but it has a lot less body armour and speed.

At the moment there is a lack of nordic horseback shields and it is a shame (as i want to use one ^^)

if the round shield would be too op may i suggest changing the stats on the plain round shield and making it usable on horseback?

Im not asking for an uber shield as these have a lot less HP than many other cavalry shields and so last a lot less even if a lil bit bigger.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Heraldic Nordic shields from horseback?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:34:20 pm »
+1
It's funny 'cause he didn't actually bother 1+ing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.