Poll

Is the Heavy Lance too weak compared to the other lances?

Yes.
16 (44.4%)
No.
15 (41.7%)
Could care less.
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Why is the Heavy lance still around?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the Heavy lance still around?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:38 pm »
Just an idea: just remove light lance, lance and heavy lance from the game. Put 3 different lances with the same length (180 length would be fair I think), but with different properties (speed, damage, etc). Not that it has to be only 3 lances, there can be more options. (Yeah I know there is double sided and great lance, I even use a great lance. But lancers mostly using those 3... ummm correction: only 1 of those. There should be more options for lancers.

Native lance system was mainly to restrict it via starting gold. In native, you have to make a choice to buy a shorter lance and but better equipment (mainly better horse), or a longer lance with worse equipment. Such restriction has no meaning in cRPG, since the amount of equipment at the start of a round is practically infinite.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:40:09 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 07:31:03 pm »
+1
Range is everything if you want to play Cavalry in any way other than only backstabbing unaware (or bad) people, and that's why the Heavy Lance will always be the best one.
If you are gonna use the normal Lance I don't see why you wouldn't just use a 1h/2h weapon since they do more damage anyways, the normal Lance gets outranged by too many weapons to be effective.

actually, i am a 1h/lancer cav. reach is important, but i've killed alot of people with the normal lance during a charge.  either way the point is the damage is too low.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Basically all of those heavy lance trades are from one guy. The only thing that I can tell is that Ecorcheur_Linuss_Armageddon really wants to get rid of his heavy lance.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:39 pm »
+2
I remember back in the day when the heavy lance could get you a lot of good weapons on the market. Now people have been paying up to 100 k with their +3 heavy lance for 2 loom points. Only other gear I've seen gone the same way is the danish, but there's a ridiculous amount of those. Anyone saying that Heavy Lance deserves double the price compared to the lance should have themselves checked by a psychiatrist. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:53 pm »
+1
I use a battle fork.....weight and damage beats range any day for cav. Unless your trying to fight other cav, then range or ranged.