Author Topic: Multiple Clan Banners  (Read 227 times)

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
Multiple Clan Banners
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:46:09 am »
+1
I got this idea because I was making a new banner for Byzantium and thought it would be cool if it was possible to have multiple clan banners which a player can chose which banner he uses. For example say a clan can have a max of 3 banners, on the page where you pick your banner there could be 3 buttons that say "Use Clan Banner 1, 2 and 3". Saxon gave a good example of this when I was talking about this idea in TS, he said it would be good for a Viking type clan with multiple shield colours etc...

This could be a problem because I'm not sure if the balance in game is done by banner balance or clan balance? If it was clan balance it would be fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
Re: Multiple Clan Banners
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »
Afaik, Balance is done by banner-slots.

The game takes the banners out of banner-files. In those files are different banners (21, afaik). Now you got around 8 files. means you have 168 Bannerslots. Not enough bannerslots for every clan to have 3 banners.

Also, you could just merge 3 clans and use the banner for every clan. With your suggestion these three clans would play as one side on the server, but still have their individual clanbanner. That would result in one-sided Battles. Like it already does again, since HRG and Fallen merged under one banner and swarm the Siegeserver like flies do with dead dogs in hot summerdays. Heading against them are only greys... but they suck at siege.
(Luckily for me that I got my own server with no Stupid HRG on it. :D - Oh and its mysteriously always playing the gamemode I want to play.)
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.