Author Topic: [BAN REQUEST] Sancho_Pancha  (Read 369 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2440
  • Infamy: 2429
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
[BAN REQUEST] Sancho_Pancha
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:42 am »
REASON: Insult

To most of you this might seem like a silly request but I'm not willing to tolerate this kind of behavior anymore and hope that administration will do something about it.

Let's clear something up first. I am not a very pleasant person on the server, I may insult people as well. But those insults never go past the player I'm "discussing" with. Problem is when someone, in an attempt to insult someone start mentioning family members.

I know this is rather general insult on internet but I do have a family and whenever someone mention them I in most cases pick up a fight IRL (other than that I'm extremely calm and quiet person IRL even though it doesn't seem that way when you look at the way I act on internet). You can insult me any way you want, but mention my family once and you're dead meat.

In this particular case this player have mentioned my sister in a negative way. I do have a sister btw, and I don't care does he knows that or don't. I don't expect of any admin who's lonely kid to understand this but I hope that those who have brothers and sisters react, if not ban this player at least don't tolerate this kind of insults in the future.

This is not a troll post btw, I am serious about it.

Here is the screenshot:

(click to show/hide)

This happened before, and even on irc when some t0rttu guy insulted my mother saying how she should be raped. Many times I didn't react but I won't tolerate this anymore and no one who cares about their family should.

Btw. he insulted me because wanted a duel, being a last man alive on his team and without melee weapon. I'm not sure what kind of duel he expected.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: [BAN REQUEST] Sancho_Pancha
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:30 am »
I am not going to ban someone for just one insult that you happened to take offense too. If I started doing that I would have to ban half the player base. Other people have probably been offended by what you've said to them. What if I take offense to the thinly veiled insult in your post, am I allowed to ban you for that? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. If this was a case of continual harrassement or server disruption, it would be different, but it's not. It's a single insult, that you happened to take offense to.

The person that insulted you insulted 2 other people that wouldn't give him duels (minor insults, calling them gay for instance) and I muted him for it. After that he behaved himself till he left the server.

As far as I'm concerned that's the end of this matter, but I will of course leave the thread open for a second opinion.

personal opinion and quite frankly unimportant stuff:
I don't expect of any admin who's lonely kid to understand this but I hope that those who have brothers and sisters react, if not ban this player at least don't tolerate this kind of insults in the future.

I have a brother and a sister myself, if some guy on the streets hassles them I will defend them vehemently, but I honestly can't care about what some random person on the internet has to say about a person he doesn't even know exists.

Many times I didn't react but I won't tolerate this anymore and no one who cares about their family should.

Why? It's not as if it hurt your family, or if your family will even ever know your sister was horrifically insulted by some random guy on the internet. The only one hurt here is you, because you took offense to a meaningless, petty insult.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:29:05 am by IG_Saint »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: [BAN REQUEST] Sancho_Pancha
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:51:54 am »
I cant really see much of an insult to your sister there. he says you give a better blow job then your sister. its hardly insulting O.o

for someone who spends most of the time insulting other people perhaps you should have a thicker skin :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk