Author Topic: Realism based on weapon  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Realism based on weapon
« on: January 21, 2011, 07:39:06 pm »
I think Katanas should get a bonus vs. shields.  Since they were the greatest blades ever made, they can cut through almost anything in one strike so it would make sense for them to break shields easy.  Also, Katanas should do pierce damage to reflect how they can slice through heavy armor like butter.  Also, they should have a secondary mode where you can throw it, and it of course should do 200 pierce damage. 

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Realism based on weapon
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:54:42 pm »
Meh

1/10

Fail.
Monkeys!

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »
More people bad mouthing katanas... When will you learn that katanas actually release radioactivity from their cuts from spliting atoms, killing their target and anyone who get's near the sword through the whole battle...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »
Atom's bonds are far too strong to be cut by any sort of macroscopic blade...
You're just an idiot.

On a side note, if Katanas were realistic in this game they'd cost $9,999,999 due to being imported from 500 years and >1,000 miles in the future and being master crafted from the rarest metals.

(They were first developed in the early 1400's, while this game takes place around 1000)
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:25 pm »
This game isn't realistic. Its fun.

Oh and bad trolling... didn't even laugh  :evil:
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:04:34 am »
actually, as katanas were made of light materials and had great aerodynamics, they should have maybe 120 speed, and each agility point should count as two when using katana.

Also their damage should be close to the 50 because they were so sharp, that they could actually cut through stuff without even hitting it.

And then they should of course have this holy aura deflecting any weapon coming near the mighty katana.

that sounds great, eh?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 03:24:35 am »
I think Katanas should get a bonus vs. shields.  Since they were the greatest blades ever made, they can cut through almost anything in one strike so it would make sense for them to break shields easy.  Also, Katanas should do pierce damage to reflect how they can slice through heavy armor like butter.  Also, they should have a secondary mode where you can throw it, and it of course should do 200 pierce damage.

No, they should get bonus against shield and crushblock at the same time. And block projectiles when you swing.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 03:36:58 am »
50 damage, and every strike reduced by half, as they loosing sharpness :P

Offline MattO

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:28:38 am »
well. katanas and nodachi cant cut though chain mail... so fail epic. haha. if the nords invaded japan it would be over so quickly lol.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 03:15:23 am »
I think one should be able to automaticaly deflect/break all incoming projectiles, when using either a japanese or chinese sword-like weapon.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:59 am »
dude japan is so cool. Katanas should do crush throughs cuz samurai never used shields because their techniques were so complex that they could easily bypass shields. Instead they wore flags on their backs and wore pink wood armor

(They were first developed in the early 1400's, while this game takes place around 1000)

try late 1200s as both platemail and coat of plates appear in here, which were non-existant in europe during the 10th and 11th century. late 1300s to early 1400s (perhaps mid 1400s if memory fails me) if you consider the 'tempered' tag on some items. As tempering steel did not occure until the later part of the ye ol' era
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:10:21 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 12:10:21 pm »

No Katanas can cut thru unarmored peasants, thats about it.  Obviously you dont watch Deadilest Warrior.

Anyone in chain, scale, mail or plate is pretty much immune to slashing weapons except for very heavy blades that would also do hacking (part crushing part slashing) damage like longswords, bastards and bigger.

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 12:17:29 pm »
Obviously you dont watch Deadilest Warrior.
Herp derp.
Obviously the reason we don't have realistic katanas is to give other weapons a chance. If it was realistic, you could slash the ground under your enemies' feet to make they fall to their death, shoot fireballs with the tip, and make everyone else whine in pain just by showing them how cooler you are.