Author Topic: Merc_Bjord!!!Racism/Harrassment  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: Merc_Bjord!!!Racism/Harrassment
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »
Hopefully this will be the end of Bjord.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, Shemaforass, but there's no need to be petty. Trolling is not the same thing as harassment, and I think we went through in my essay ban what harassment was about. When it comes to me, people like Grumbs and Shemaforash really like to pour fuel on the fire no matter the severity of the transgression, they just want to see me out of this place.

So regarding Grumbs' screens, and putting his Holier than Thou attitude aside, the screens are an extract of a friendly banter between me, Vincent Ruth and Gosling who are both Turkish gentlemen. So the only thing that is being lowered, Grumbs, is your integrity. Get out of my hair already, it's hilarious how much attention I get as soon as I do something bad.

As for my trolling on NA prior to getting banned by Khorin from EU, I'll take a day's ban. That seems fair in my eyes.

By the way, Shemaforass, seeing you have no business in this thread as you weren't a witness, making irrelevant posts, I have reported you.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline oerput

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • cuckold
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Gooseberry
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:19 pm »
lol to grumbs ss. i remember those words. nice to see someone captured that. its kind of funny cause i know bjord isnt a racist. so he was probably drunk or mad and just embarrassing himself. online admin banned him for 1,5 day if i recall right. that should be enough :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:39:30 pm »
lol to grumbs ss. i remember those words. nice to see someone captured that. its kind of funny cause i know bjord isnt a racist. so he was probably drunk or mad and just embarrassing himself. online admin banned him for 1,5 day if i recall right. that should be enough :)

Haha, thanks for letting me know. Wasn't sure if it was permanent or temporary. 1,5 day is reasonable.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:43 pm »
Haha, thanks for letting me know. Wasn't sure if it was permanent or temporary. 1,5 day is reasonable.

Last I heard your ban was upgraded to a year, lmao

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 09:52:00 pm »
This is not the thread to talk about this, but I noticed you had an essay ban earlier, so I upped your ban 'til december until I figure out what to do with you.

Offline Dr_Pockets

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 13
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dr_Pockets
  • IRC nick: Dr_Pockets
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 12:51:01 am »
I do find it funny that Bjord was the one to post this on Spook Island's Unban essay. I have bolded some key parts.

I get what you're saying, and I get your angle, but I don't think you get how much you offend people with your hateful comments and insults. In no shape or form under the pretense of "tactical success" is it okay to behave like you do. There is no way that you can take moral high ground in this case, because it is by its very nature immoral and offensive, not to mention bigotal.

I can understand that typing in caps "GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG" is more "resonant" as opposed to "umm... guise uh, the flag? p-please, go there, thanks."
But "GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG YOU FUCKING DEGENERATE bundle of sticks" is not okay, not at all.

Do you shout profanities at people in real life because you're frustrated with them as well? Does that get you any where in life, in general? I seriously doubt it does. An online gaming community is no different. People are still people. And from my experience in this thing called real life, people don't like being called "bundle of sticks", "fruit boy" etc. You might find it funny to come up with edgy remarks about people's parents and such, but it's a one-way street my friend. So don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass. This is the reason why you're permabanned.

Apart from the obvious fallacies in your post, and after decrypting all the narcissistical bullshit, there's not much substance.

Oh yeah, I forgot to address your little conspiracy theory:
Really, man?

That's all.

IMO, stay on permaban because you obviously have no idea how to function in a community with other individuals. I find you to be an anti-social and extremely unpleasant character. This is coming from someone who is considered as one of the biggest assholes on EU. I'm a warm person compared to you, and my "haters" would probably agree(not admittedly of course).

Sorry, man, but you put yourself in this situation. Your essay was the nail in the coffin, and your alarmingly big ego(pretty scary tbh) the hammer.

Regards,
Bjord

One could almost call it slightly hypocritical. I am not currently in favor of a perma-ban or any ban of an extreme length. Bjord is not as rough around the edges as Spook was. Spook Island was a bit extreme in things he said and did. But seriously, how long is this one-day ban, Bjord insults someone, and then ban again cycle going to go on? While a little trolling and verbal joshing around are fine with me, racism is not ok. Especially right after he had to write an unban essay. The admin that unbanned you even said
I'm a strong believer in the fact that anyone should be able to play the game but without causing other players misery.
This is from your unban essay thread. Again, I am not in favor for a long ban, but I do want to bring up the question "when is enough, enough?"
GG Spookfans

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 12:59:51 am »
Personally I like Bjord.  I don't want to see him banned for a year.  He's one of the best cRPG players and is pretty chill to talk to in TS.  If you just go by the shit he says in chat though he can sound like a real dick sometimes, but stuff like that doesn't bother me.  I've gone back and forth with Bjord plenty of times, same with Spook (RIP).

I hope in a week or two or something like that he might be unbanned.  Just give him a mute the moment he starts acting like a mad nerd.  So whenever he logs into the server, probably.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:18 am »
Bjord you might think its personal from me, but I will SS anything I see that I think is detrimental to the community, if it gets bad enough. I want to reduce as much as possible the negative/combative/unpleasant atmosphere we can get here because I want the community to grow. I don't want people to try to learn the game and see themselves singled out because of their nationality or their ability at the game. What business is it of yours if someone is Chinese or if someone is no good at the game? You might think its just trolling, but I just don't see it as a positive aspect of the game after repeatedly showing that you can't learn to behave

I don't have time for messing around like this though, I'd rather admins just saved themselves some trouble and were far less lenient to repeat offenders. In the long term all it does is create an atmosphere that doesn't encourage growth in the community. I want people to feel welcome and to try and fail but not be ridiculed or insulted for no reason, I want them to come back and if that means we have one less vet well to me its worth losing a vet in order to possibly get more vets some time down the line. I don't believe in silently condoning things just because it might make things easier for me though. I will do what I think is better for the community
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline VesX

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:53 am »
I honestly didnt think he would get perma-banned or a year ban i thought it would be like a week or 2 as the OP id like to say i feel a week or 2 is better if its his first of this kinda stuff but idk if my opinion matters!

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 03:08:06 am »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:54 am »
Comparing me to Spook is kind of harsh, I don't always act like a dick in-game and when I do it's not nearly as bad as Spook's behaviour.

I wasn't harassing anyone, by the way. The only thing close enough to that to draw a paralel between this ban and my essay ban was perhaps me taunting Zlisch. Other than that, I was engaging in banter with people who know me and who I know won't take my insults seriously. I see now that it's still a problem, because other people in the servers might not realize I'm not being serious and take offence.

Most of the time, my behaviour is meant to be ironical. If I was being serious I would be way more discreet with my insults anyway.

In any case, it's up to whatever admin to decide, and I'll leave it at that. I would appreciate a temporary ban, nonetheless.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:51 am »
fwi shemaforash ''trolls'' people all the time , but when he gets trolled he goes all serieus bohooo and crys like infant :mrgreen:

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:25 am »
Aw shit, I've been at work (telemarketing death beds to old people) all day and see Shine, you bastard, has left the decision open to me.
I should say, Bjord, trolling can become harassment pretty quickly if it goes on for too long/becomes a handful of slurs/whatever.
Shine, you did far more detective work than I, and it appears the trolling started on Plague's end and turned into Bjord trolling back.
Plague and Bjord, you both are chatting back and forth in this thread all friendly and whatnot, so...

I'll be honest-
I'm tired after a day of sitting in a cubicle surrounded by 500 telemarketers, mildly drunk, and sad I have to do it again tomorrow.
I'm also forgiving, so just chill out. If something bothers you, report in 'i' chat. Bjord, you've already been banned for an eternity on EU, and I think that's enough.
Now, if someone comes back and claims you're being a dick and provides screenshots, one of the NA admins, myself included, will take you up on that 1.5 day ban.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam