Author Topic: DOUBLE HITS: a few things to consider for the next patch  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Re: DOUBLE HITS: a few things to consider for the next patch
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »
+3
Why do we have two threads on the same topic?
The amount of stupidity Kulin_Ban and Sagar put out was to much for just one thread, it would implode.

I think you can keep this change, but only if Sagar only can use peasant gear and short, fast, weak weapons that rely on interrupting, then it would be fine with me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 07:07:57 pm »
+3
Yeah, the sad part is that the devs implement shit like this into the game, instead of new, nice features that actually makes the game more fun, instead of just making you mad. I can totally understand if you want to experiment a bit for the new game you're developing, but why not experiment when you got that ready?

So far the only people who seem to like this change on the forums are Kulin_Ban, who plays archer, and Sagar, who just want to be able to crutch armor to win.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:13 pm »
+2
Yeah, the sad part is that the devs implement shit like this into the game, instead of new, nice features that actually makes the game more fun, instead of just making you mad. I can totally understand if you want to experiment a bit for the new game you're developing, but why not experiment when you got that ready?

So far the only people who seem to like this change on the forums are Kulin_Ban, who plays archer, and Sagar, who just want to be able to crutch armor to win.
Butz zeh mozt skillzd player is zhe one with zhe mozt armzorz!! RELIZM!!!
Please implement a feature which puts random letters into everything you type because IRL people couldn't spell that well back then.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »
List of the people who like turn rate nerf is probably even shorter, but the feature is still in. Your point?
We don't need more bad changes... Durr

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »
Huh if this works as you guys describe it, it will be a huge boost to my style of fighting xD
Outgear and outspam people, the more damage you deal, the more rounds won and valor gained.

I dont think its good for the game though, unless you like seeing plate armor and highdmg weapons being always the best choice.

Once it reaches EU2 i will feel the impact.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:09 pm »
+1
ive had some great moments with this collision. only played my hybrid couhing 1handed shielder cav/inf thow. cool moments: killing a piker with a slash to the head while he goes for my horse, killing lancer witch couch because he went for my horse,(both instances my horse died, but somehow to me it felt like a buff for this spesific class since you are not lost when players decide to go for your horse) . for the rest in general the collision makes for great moments on the battle field.
the cons are indeed a feeling of loss of control somewhat. and i also felt like my 1 handed weapon was being stunned way more by heavier weapons, but i could be wrong there, fighting str armor crutchers was indeed a pain. getting 3 hits in and then 4th collides and he 1shot me :(. but ye will need to test with more of my alts and main. sofar i kind of personnaly like the changes.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »
+4
Its a total nerf to skill in my opinion, i don't like it.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:39 pm »
+3
Your opinion is cabbage.

And cabbage is healthy for all.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »
+2
remove this shit.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:55 pm »
+2
anyone have an example where this business can be used in a new technique,  so one could call it "making room for new skills"?  atm it feels more like randomness, which is a skill nerf imo.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 02:45:56 am »
+1
Pros:
-Breaking the attack/block/attack rhythm(doesn't really break it, just adds a few instances that will cause people to block twice).
-Adds risk to holds, which were by far too effective for how little risk there was/still will be. Likely this will buff chamber attempts.

Cons:
-More defensive playing. Increased risk disproportionately while maintaining either the same, or lesser level of reward. Further solidifying the necessity of high armor among melee characters.
-Ping fluctuations being greater than the window of opportunity for double hits. My ping in the mornings (When I prefer to play) is about 30-35, my ping at night is 70~. So learning what the threshold looks like for .03 seconds in the morning, will result in my receiving more double hits in the evening.

I suggest increasing the window to .05 seconds at least so that it feels less random. The more concrete a thing seems, the more likely players are to adapt to it, rather than pass it off as just a random occurrence. This will slow combat down further, but increase depth ultimately. There will always be ways to speed combat up, and a new wpf formula can help with that.

I disagree with the Inertia pro, not because it isn't true, but because it's only there due to the inability to block and attack with the same motion, aka game mechanics limitations.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character