Author Topic: Alternative advancement system  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Alternative advancement system
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »
Despite Hunter's numerous numerals (see left) he is fairly low generation. Those are alts. However, Hunter is a very good player. I am definitely a higher generation, and spent 6 gens making the best crossbow setup, however, Hunter will be able to kill me most of the time, without the use of extensive heirlooms or whatnot, if you can play Mount and Blade, you can adjust to cRPG and heirlooms won't matter. IMO anyways...

Good point I don't even have any MW weapon (im gen 4 but screwed up an heirloom) but tomas is right I can kill him just as easy as killing a nub (at close range that is :P ) but every one has the same chance of staying alive and killing and each other all it takes it skill
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 03:59:31 pm »
I am not impressed by the current system. I have a suggestion that will blow your weak minds. Imagine if instead of an experience bonus retirees were to get a gold bonus. Dont rage just yet. This would mean that not only is he problem of super quick gens solved but it also allows for vets to use there sick gear more often, possibly eventually all the time.

First I have to say the heirloom system is balanced imo (and im 2. gen). However, I think this ^^ is a very good suggestion. That way later retirements would not go quicker and quicker, but the players would just get more and more money to spend on upkeep. Sounds great to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 03:59:39 pm »
# of Items I have Heirloomed: 0

Strangely, I can  still spank people with heirloomed armor and weapons. It's all a matter of how you play, your connection speed, and tactics; especially when with a clan.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »
Imo, makes gen bonus on gold is not good, it's even worse and give a greater advantage to high gen.
Now high gen have bonus for level up but are still caped to 31.
If you give gold bonus, then a high gen can use high tier equip more frequently and then have a major advantage on noobs.