Author Topic: Ping problems  (Read 199 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Ping problems
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »
+1
Anyone else had these as of late or know why I may be experiencing them?

I usually average around 50 but the last month or so my ping has soared to 60-100 seemingly at random, no matter amount of players, map or server (I play on EU1, EU2 and EU4 almost every day), making it very difficult to play properly.

I've done speed tests and called my internet provider several times but so far they haven't been able to tell me what my problem might be and my internet speed doesn't otherwise seem affected, when downloading, browsing or playing other games.

Problem may very well be on my end (or my provider's rather) as most other players seem to be in the 50s as usual, and from what I've gathered from asking around on the servers a bit.

Right now when I'm pressing 'refresh' on the server list it changes every time between numbers like 63, 75, 98, 133, 53 etc. and I have no other active apps connected to the internet whatsoever, and my PC doesn't share connection with anyone else in my apartment.

Thank you for your time, hope some of you might have some bright ideas.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Ping problems
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
im having similar problems this evening, well anytime theres more than 80 players online tbh.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Re: Ping problems
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:38:26 pm »
I don't know if this can help you. But I had the same problems and I contacted my ISP and they changed the maximum NAT sessions allowed, because they could see that cRPG was using a lot. It fixed the random spiking. My ping is this a little higher than before though :(

http://forum.meleegaming.com/crpg-client-beta/%28suspicion%29-network-problems/