Author Topic: A few DTV suggestions  (Read 535 times)

Offline Farmer_Rolf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A few DTV suggestions
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

a list of some DTV changes i think would make the mode better and more fun to play, enjoy my (spaced) wall of text!

it could really use a new wave especially between bandits and nomads, the difference in difficulty is too much for many groups

If not new waves atleast add some more weapons to be used in current waves, a few longer weapons mixed in would encourage people to not get in fences unless they knew what they were doing and would make rounds shorter

mix a few bots in with blocking ai and different armor into current waves maybe those bots ^  :twisted:

add a bonus to the player(s) that kill the most bots at the end of each round preferablly picked from survivors

lowering repair costs would help the dtv server, I don't have a problem making money but of course most others do judging by their complaints :rolleyes:

post your thoughts!

-experienced DTV player  :D

Offline Duc_OLIVIERO_loliv

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_OLIVI3RO
Re: A few DTV suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:34:32 pm »
add a bonus to the player(s) that kill the most bots at the end of each round preferablly picked from survivors , good idea

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »
+1
Stay away from bonus for kills! :? That would encourage SO MUCH kill-stealing that a new hate-wave would start in DTV, its enough when people cry about kill stealing now when it DOESN'T matters  :rolleyes:
But except for that, I like the suggestions. This bonus could be applied JUST to few people who survived, in case when half of team dies for example.  :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:47:37 pm by TR_UtherPendragon »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:02:50 pm »
+1
Stay away from bonus for kills! :? That would encourage SO MUCH kill-stealing that a new hate-wave would start in DTV, its enough when people cry about kill stealing now when it DOESN'T matters  :rolleyes:
But except for that, I like the suggestions. This bonus could be applied JUST to few people who survived, in case when half of team dies for example.  :D
this, the problem is that these guys need support from other players that do less damage, but still are very important. eg: i am a piker, so i often have to stay at the virgin or i stun bots for my teammates. i CAN easily make massive kills, but i dont do it that often as most of the time supporting is more important than kills. in some maps, we need shielders to stand somewhere so the bots get stuck there. the shielders cant attack the bots, but are  very important in order to win!

Offline Farmer_Rolf

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:28:50 am »

idk about EU but in NA it is usually a few players killing a huge majority of bots and "kill steals" would only be a problem if the few players were doing it to each other consistently and the top players are usualy more friendly in dtv

this, the problem is that these guys need support from other players that do less damage, but still are very important. eg: i am a piker, so i often have to stay at the virgin or i stun bots for my teammates. i CAN easily make massive kills, but i dont do it that often as most of the time supporting is more important than kills. in some maps, we need shielders to stand somewhere so the bots get stuck there. the shielders cant attack the bots, but are  very important in order to win!

what i proposed wouldnt hurt people not getting kills only reward the people getting kills a little more

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:58:16 am »
what i proposed wouldnt hurt people not getting kills only reward the people getting kills a little more
thats exactly the same as hurting the people that dont get kills. they often do VERY important jobs.

btw you talk about disencouraging using fences and adding better blocking ai. this is a great idea
(click to show/hide)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »
+2
Never incite people to remove themselves from the path of teamplay.

DTV relies in high teamplay, the more solo heroes go crazy, the less are the chances of wining.

Offline Farmer_Rolf

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »
thats exactly the same as hurting the people that dont get kills. they often do VERY important jobs.

btw you talk about disencouraging using fences and adding better blocking ai. this is a great idea
(click to show/hide)

i meant the bonus exactly as that a bonus ontop of the current xp system and NA just got 4 direction blocking ai and collision corpses yesterday dtv is much easier now =)

and the longer weapons would only keep the people that don't know how to effectively use fences from using them and just taking up space maybe i should have specified them, oh wait...
If not new waves atleast add some more weapons to be used in current waves, a few longer weapons mixed in would encourage people to not get in fences unless they knew what they were doing and would make rounds shorter

also not like people have no common sense to not use fences if they cant win without

also @ karasu people wouldnt go solo hero unless they can survive if the bonus is only given to survivors like i stated

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 11:30:39 pm »
There are always few madmen who try to take entire waves on themselves  :rolleyes:

hehe
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 01:26:12 pm »
not playing that much dtv anymore though if i play i ve sometimes the feeling just rush and die like a real duck and maybe donald duck (duck god) is with me and i survive
visitors can't see pics , please register or login