Author Topic: Remove thrust stun for poles.  (Read 8841 times)

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
Re: Remove thrust stun for poles.
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2013, 02:43:42 am »
I present you with this: that is a separate issue that should be solved in a different thread.

Aaaaand in which? Inform me please, when we got a different thread.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2013, 03:13:45 am »
Aaaaand in which? Inform me please, when we got a different thread.
I think you misunderstood me, but <3s.
 This topic is about thrust-stun.  I am merely saying that the off topic argument about 2h thrust animations being overpowered belong in any of the numerous threads complaining about it. Also, that lowering the stun duration for thrusts across the board will not suddenly make 2h more OP than it is [ it won't change any over-arching class balance ie; pole vs 1h vs 2h balance], it's a silly notion. I wouldn't want that anyway, I would like to see 2h get a modified thrust animation from where it is personally -- but that is off topic.
 I am not a 2h player (though I've played a lot of it), I normally use poles or 1h when I do melee, I find them fun. But I'd like a more fluid combat than what we have now -- with our out-dated over emphasized thrust stun that can punish a player by making them unable to block an incoming attack after doing a thrust attack.

Do you catch my drift?
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2013, 03:21:14 am »
Do you catch my drift?

Ye, but still we can rename that thread with something like; Polearm vs. TwoHanded,

Just saying, it will never be like you want to have it, some guys will always start to say an argument which dont really belongs to the subject.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2013, 03:37:55 am »
 I know that. It's a fact of life, but I can steer this to be on topic. ^_^
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2013, 05:27:46 pm »
I'm correcting you.  0.7 is not only when you execute a bad stab, it's just always. You've got some crazy placebo shit, yo.
Hell no, you sometimes get stunned after doing a stab which makes you unable to block the opponents attack. If that would always happen nobody would even dare to touch the thrust. As a longspearman, I can say this to be true 100%, which makes me wonder why I wasn't sure when I wrote the last post. I can block 1h leftswings after a stab no problem, unless I get the long stun by hitting an object or whatever else causes it.

Maybe it is 0.7 everytime, which is in that case long enough to block even the fastest weapons. Which would mean that there is a second stun of longer duration. Or the normal stun is 0.3-0.4 ish and the longer one is 0.7, which is in that case long enough for someone to finish an attack. Either way, there is two stuns with different durations.

As for the rest of your post complaining about 2h balance, okay. That doesn't have to deal with what is in question. You're upset about the 2h stab animation being OP, and it is. It has incredible reach and the points you made earlier. I present you with this: that is a separate issue that should be solved in a different thread.
Of course it is related. The OP states the removal of a negative effect for one class only, which implies that that class is weaker than the other. So whether the class deserves to be put ahead of the others is definitely part of the discussion. We are not even talking about a removal of stun effects accross the board.

About rephrasing my statement:

The thrust stun is such a noticable thing, because it is long enough to not be able to block the next attack of your opponent in a 1 vs 1. Whether you change it to 0.3 or 0.5 wouldn't matter that much, because you are then always able to always block after your thrust gets blocked. Greatly reducing the risk of using a thrust and making thrust stun pretty much a non issue completely.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »
Ok,I think it`s time to lock this thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login