Author Topic: Healing Tents Siege Server  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Healing Tents Siege Server
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:35:55 am »
A couple weeks ago I was playing on the NA siege server and the scarebear girls were making a tent near the flag on defense in a corner so their team could heal themselves... pretty legit strategy.

On Tuesday myself and the DL boys got together 6 of us, while geon was admin'ing on the siege server and allowed healing tents for the time being.

Not once were they used to exploit or ruin our reputation as a clan, but to help get us a multiplier.
They work really well and alot of people caught on, and helped us build the tent at the start of every round we were on defense. It was alot of fun

But today it was made public to all of us, that no matter what, C-sites are not allowed even when only 1 is taken to the flag, and it is announced that "I KRYSER am building a healing tent with this, PLZ BRING material to the flag if you have extra weapon slots."

If the Admin(god) of the server could maybe make a small change in the ruling, i think this could create less OP attacker victories on some shitty maps, and create more team play.

With a 40+ versus 40+ team, its really hard to coordinate defense and have a multi start building up. I think that this could benefit the server as a hole as long as people don't ABUSE it. I know that this might make admin'ing harder on you fellas, but it might produce trust in some player/admin relationships.

Obviously there are some people that don't like a couple of our players, because we are usually a "ranged" clan, and they say that we use the C-sites for bad. But anyone that plays with us regularly knows that we don't exploit, and we don't make illegal ladders.

I know the rules now, but I hope that their might be this single change to make siege for fun and enjoyable. cause playing defense sucks, ask any big time siege player!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:26:25 am by Kalam »
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Healing Tents Siege Server
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 05:12:03 am »
Kinda dumb if they are against the rules if used in the spirit of the game.

And if you think healing tent is overpowered it has less HP than a siege ladder. 1 person can take it out easily (and has), something that takes 5-10 minutes/lives to construct.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 05:42:07 am »
I know that this might make admin'ing harder on you fellas,

Sorry to break you folk's fun - but that tid-bit I quoted is exactly the reason why we (for the time being) do not allow their usage.

To create an exception in this community is to open a can of worms. You folks may be with good intentions - but we can't say the same about others.

I will have a chat with those who wrote up and edited the rules; and see what the admins think. However, until the construction sites become breakable as they once were, and/or until strategus returns (where the sites will be tolerated for catapults and tents) then we will be maintaining this policy. 

Take care
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:19:06 am »
Sorry to cut in here since I'm an EU player, I can understand why the construction site's are not allowed due to them not breaking but if the person is using them to actually build something then shouldn't it be allowed.? And I totally understand that using them to block walk ways and stuff should be punishable but if people are building to help the team then in my eyes it should be allowed.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:33:40 am »
Sorry to cut in here since I'm an EU player, I can understand why the construction site's are not allowed due to them not breaking but if the person is using them to actually build something then shouldn't it be allowed.? And I totally understand that using them to block walk ways and stuff should be punishable but if people are building to help the team then in my eyes it should be allowed.

That's just the thing, MOST people do not use them to help people. Somebody in this thread, who shall remain nameless, used them to block pathways and when an Admin chastised him, he said they were for a healing tent.

There's no need for them. Let the devs fix them and then we can use them.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 07:07:59 am »
This is what i mean by people that dont like our clan or builds, I used the c-site for a healing tent and always will, i hate exploiters and will never tarnish my name by doing so.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:14 pm »
What gash said perfectly sums up our decision. Changing the rules is not something we are open to until chadz fixes the construction sites. If we allow people to use them at all Someone will take of advantage of it. Then you run into the problem of the low time limit on the public siege server. Unless you have an organized group of large numbers building your equipment you will waste at least half the map trying to build it and your team will probably fail.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:41 pm »
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »
If seige maps were longer then 6 minutes - I might agree.

Strat battles are long, and require preperation - which means catapults are viable.

For a public 6-minute siege - you're better off going to fight and take the flag instead of wasting 4 minutes building the catapult and firing off 2 rounds with little results.

Either way, the esthablished rule stands for the time being.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »
Why not make it so only admins can place C sites?
Just a soldier

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »
Shouldn't discussing rules put somewhere else than Unban/Ban request ?

The problem with CS like Gash mentioned, you allow them for good players to make a good use of them and you'll have people abusing them again and saying, oh I didn't know, I saw a guy using them, etc...

We're aware some of you guys would like to use that feature, but as long as it isn't fixed (indestructible problem), it would probably make more people angry of people abusing it, then people using them as healing tents...

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »
This was moved to the general section but kalam threw it back here. If you wish to discuss the issue of Construction sites create a new thread in the general section or suggestions section. The rule stands for now.