Author Topic: Unhappy with nationalistic names  (Read 380 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Unhappy with nationalistic names
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:47:24 am »
Every update I'm observing the new equipment, as 3D developer its my interest but,

Why O-Yoroi (Tankō, Keikō,Kusari dou, Kozane dou etc.) is called "Strange Armor" while we are getting excuse me but shite loads of "Rus" stuff?
(click to show/hide)
Seriously what happened to good old names like Rhodok, Swadian, Khergit, Vaegir, Sarranid, Nord? Its either this or that.

Call me paranoiac but I'm disturbed by that nationalistic equipment list which is growing with every update. I'm kinda annoyed that good old Vaegir war bow and Khergit bow are now claimed by nations (for no freaking reason) As a long-long-long-term cRPG player I didn't whine a single time, but I find the names of these equipment NAMES very unnecessary.
and Admins are now obligated to add every "quality"request from every nation now. There are approximately 50 states in Europe so good luck with that, 48 in Asia and two of them are Eurasian. If each of them comes up with 3 piece armor it makes approximately 300 new pieces in the equipment menu. If each piece is 50kb as object and 100kb as texture....

You might agree or disagree. I'm strongly suggesting to go back to good old native names or change the every freaking banner to country flag and add national anthems as winner tune.

No hard feelings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Unhappy with nationalistic names
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:08:59 am »
Rus stuff was named by the creator of the armor, which is Narf, the strange armor weren't.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art