Author Topic: HACKED  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about health regeneration
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:22 am »
+1
Just make Health a 3rd attribute!

Then you have make a decision if you wanna hit hard, tank hard or run... umm... hard. Guess you get my point there.

I'd really like this, and have suggested it before. Decouple HP from Strength. Agi has passive benefit of movement speed, Strength has passive benefit of melee and armor gear selection, and Endurance or what have you passively increases HP and unlocks Ironflesh.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »
+3
Severed arms, bandages, blood loss, medicinal herbs, yeah I'm for that.
Stupid regeneration, nope.
For the record, I don't even like stats system we have now. I like my games realistic.

Aye! Like bandages refill about 5% hp while herbs refill 10% and they take slots and cost good ammount of upkeep. Id be all for that, it would increase teamplay dramatically. Like we would have guys who have all slots filled with medicalstuff and they drop it infront of players that could help the team win and need it. Blood loss.....naaaaaaah. Severed arms.....mybe. Regeneration, nononononononononononono.

Kulin suggested that cav should stand still and wait till HP regenerates. Thats just wrong. It has happened quite alot that one team has only meleefighters left, while other has cav. Do you not see a problem here? Everybody with a half a brain whould just ride to the edge of the map were infantry would never catch them and wait till HP fills up and go to another couchingrun. Overall regeneration is a shit idea. Would make rounds way to long. Suicidal players like myself whould just pick their nose in spec longer and play something else out of frustration.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »
+3
I would not like to see anything with health regeneration added.  Some people say it would add more to teamplay, but I disagree.  All it would promote is people running and hiding from combat.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »
Aye! Like bandages refill about 5% hp while herbs refill 10% and they take slots and cost good ammount of upkeep. Id be all for that, it would increase teamplay dramatically. Like we would have guys who have all slots filled with medicalstuff and they drop it infront of players that could help the team win and need it.

the fuck? people wouldnt share these medical slot items,if they are slotted the only people who would be able to use them would be people with free slots so any build with more then 2 slots is probubly screwed and would now have to deal with self healing assholes as enemy's the only builds ive ever had that werent over 2 slots was a 1h/sh build....thats it actually lol

I'd really like this, and have suggested it before. Decouple HP from Strength. Agi has passive benefit of movement speed, Strength has passive benefit of melee and armor gear selection, and Endurance or what have you passively increases HP and unlocks Ironflesh.
why not? str has been dominant for too long imo it would be nice to see some viable diversity again
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 08:16:31 pm »
+5
Objectively speaking, it could work in respawn modes(=siege), and not in non-respawn modes (=battle).

However, I think it wouldnt fit the mindset of cRPG.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »
+2
Indeed. Regeneration health should really stick to CoD and things like that. Cause all it takes is for you to spot your enemy and 2 seconds to kill him. Warband on the other hand is spotting and 2 minutes of endless fighting if 1 vs 1 and both are only good at blocking.

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:45 am »
+1
Aye! Like bandages refill about 5% hp while herbs refill 10% and they take slots and cost good ammount of upkeep. Id be all for that, it would increase teamplay dramatically. Like we would have guys who have all slots filled with medicalstuff and they drop it infront of players that could help the team win and need it.

This could be an interesting idea.

Herbs could be lightweight and heal for a very small amount, so AGI builds could still keep their largest advantage while being able to heal. However, dedicated healers and STR builds with extra slots could bring bandages which would heal more but weigh considerably more as well. But, to balance it, blocking with either herbs or bandages in hand would be impossible, even with a shield. This would make it so healing during combat would be extremely risky and would be more for after the fight. And of course, repairs would be high too.

Would be nice to see 2h users carrying something other than crossbows.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:18:45 am by What. »
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:31 am »
It is a nice idea and would help balance agility classes who need to retreat, but it would also make tincans even MORE dangerous.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 06:05:30 am »
+1
It is a nice idea and would help balance agility classes who need to retreat, but it would also make tincans even MORE dangerous.

By that logic it'd make everything more dangerous, silly.
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline Callan

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Lone Wolf Is Lonely ]:
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_MegaRambo
  • IRC nick: Callan
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:04 am »
+1
As STR gives 1hp per unit, give AGI 1% hp regen per min per unit or something.

By that logic, agi spammers would regen 30%+ hp every minute...

And do you really want a 2h kuyak spammer regen 15% of his health every minute?

When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.