Author Topic: Missing Weapons  (Read 505 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Missing Weapons
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:58 pm »
So I noticed no long reach piercing 1H with decent damage (other than morningstar)

Any other "missing" weapons?
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Missing Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:18:21 pm »
+1
Morningstar as 1h gets insane drops in damage and speed, pretty sure the 1h morningstar is slower than a long maul, know it's slower than a gmaul, it also deals low dmg, it's not a high damage 1h.

Also, if you want long reach piercing 1hs grab a long espada.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:16 pm »
Side sword, (long) espada eslavona... what is "decent" or "long" for you ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:32:16 pm »
+2
Side sword, (long) espada eslavona... what is "decent" or "long" for you ?
I assume we are not gonna count stabs as they are just 1 out of 4 attacks.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »
if we are talking STRICTLY pierce (long espada is awesome btw) then all the picks would be pierce and then the X of the military hammer war hammer and the broad one handed battle axe are your choices

thats all i can think of,i suppose you will have to try each to decide what you like best
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
Dedicated pierce weapons with reasonable reach.

Im talking picks the only decent one is military hammer but it is pretty low on damage tbh.

So another missing weapon is a stab dedicated/biased 2H

PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:55:31 am »
+1
well pierce/speed/long reach would be a very deadly combination i doubt they would let such weapons in the game lightly without upsetting the very very delicate balance

any nerf/buff to classes upsets the balance within 1-2 gens but weapons buffs/nerfs upset balance within 0-1 gens

perhaps it would be some sort of scythe 2h? i would tread lightly on ever releasing such a devastating weapon lol
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 10:42:14 am »
It does exist : the spear...

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »
+1
^not a 2H.

Every class should have a wide variety of options.

Polearm although having fewer weapons fills every role well. 2H are missing lots of weapons and 1H just a few. I am willing to make a model if the dev support is evident.
PK is back

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
+2
So another missing weapon is a stab dedicated/biased 2H
Heavy Bastard sword, Longsword, Sword of War, Greatsword, Heavy greatsword, German Greatsword, Danish Greatsword.

Just because they got very good swings too, doesn't change that they have very, very good stabs. They are all having the same damage as the 1h "medium"* stab swords, greater animation range (also greater length), but the best part of them is that they don't glance at it's max range.

That's the thing with 2h. Polearms have lots of different weapons for lots of different roles, 2h have fewer weapons but those weapons fits more roles.

With a polearm you get to choose weapons that are really good in what they do: Pikes for long stab, awlpike/halberd/spears for short to medium stabs, bardiches/poleaxes for long high damage, long hafted axes/mace for medium high damage, bec for close and fast high damage etc.

But all the different polearms comes with their own disadvantages. 2hs are not as good as their "dedicated" polearm counterparts (excluding the mauls, which are best as 2h), but has much more diversity in what every single weapon can do.

Say you want a good swing, close combat, decent speed weapon. So you can choose between a Great Long Axe and a Greatsword (both 12k). The Great Long Axe is better for what you prefer to use it with (also bonus shield breaking!), but if ever need to do a long attack (say an enemy is about to maul or backstab your ally), then the Greatsword has that extra long attack because of his stab. Great Long Axe? He watches as his ally perishes.

Or if you want to have a good stab weapon with good reach. Not a pike reach, but something in the area of an awlpike. Lots of good polearms to choose from there, Awlpike, Halberd, Bill, Corseque etc. But really only the German Greatsword gets close to them when it comes to stabbing.
Now: the difference between 27 and 33 isn't that great when we talk about cut, but for pierce that is a massive advantage. So why would you ever go for the German? Well the obvious reason of the sideswings. Getting up and close with an awlpiker puts you in a massive advantage**, while with a greatsword you just sort of eliminated his stab and he can just do pretty nice damage sideswings instead.

TL;DR:
2h weapons don't specialize (except maul) in what they do but their weapons don't got any hard counters.
Polearms can take weapons that are the best for a job but gets some serious disadvantages when doing so.

*by "medium" stab swords I mean not the dedicated stab swords (espada etc.), but not the crappy stab ones (arabian swords) which are worse off damage wise than the katanas stab.

**yes, I know they can wiggle and still hit you, but I said advantage, not free kill. There's a very important difference between those two. Same goes for the long spear and pike. Getting close is an almost guaranteed win, but you can still lose. Of course, you would have to do everything wrong and the piker would have to do everything right, but that is just how things work. If you fuck up so badly you die to a pike at facerange when you are alone, then you fucked up.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia